Senior Solution Architect
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Solution Architect, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What is it all about?
The Senior Solution Architect will work cross-functionally and with a diverse set of Visa clients, merchants, and mobile ecosystem partners to deliver digital services into the markets. The position will focus on driving digital footprint across all European markets. The role will be predominately focused on integrating digital partners and Visa clients on Visa Token Services and other digital platform and services. This role would be ideal for a candidate with an engineering or pre-sales consultant background looking to build upon that experience in the product integration side of a payments technology company.
This role will operate across technologies, capabilities, platforms and market segments with a focus on being an integration subject matter expert on the digital products within Client Services.
Key work outputs and accountabilities
· Lead and support client specific solutions
· Support Visa Token Service (VTS) commercial rollouts
· Provide on-field and remote first level technical support for VTS integrations
· Responsible to advice and guide clients (Issuers, merchants, and 3rd party wallet providers) on VTS integration options and act as a technical SME for VTS integrations by being able to understand the platform in its entirety, from overall architecture to the nuances of individual messaging protocols
· Responsible to advice and educate internal stakeholders in the region on VTS integration options/features
· Work closely with Client Implementation to deliver digital service to clients
· Provide pre-sales technical integration support for the Visa Digital Solutions SDK and VTS token requestor APIs through the Visa Developer Center
· Support the on-boarding process for VTS clients and work with regional teams ensuring that sales team are accurately & suitably supported resulting in successfully closed deals
· Work in conjunction with regional staff with regards to supporting VTS client integrations
· Maintain client satisfaction by supporting engagements resulting in successful go-lives
· Work with team members to leverage learnings from projects across the world
· Recommend improvements and enhancements to VTS capabilities to accelerate adoption in key marketplaces/segments/regions
· Support new digital product/service integration activitie
Thinking about careers differently
At Visa we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you don’t have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences which would transfer well.
For this role the key skills and qualification required are:
· Bachelors degree required in computer/electrical engineering or computer science, or equivalent technology expertise and acumen acquired through work experience
· Extensive experience in product development in mobile payments and/or mobile platforms or in payments systems integration
· Strong experience in handling API integrations using XML and JSON
· Demonstrable knowledge in XML and JSON APIs.
· Demonstrable knowledge in Java, and/or C# programing languages.
· Ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and articulate fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Ability to work across multiple teams stationed in different time zones in an organization
· Ability to effectively manage a team of SMEs spread across the region
· Ability to manage customer expectations
· Proven client facing experience
· A technically minded candidate with consulting experience in a sales engineering or systems integration or product marketing role
· Independent decision making required on daily basis with minimal oversight from senior members of staff
· Complex and varied workload, required to support multiple ongoing implementations and sales processes
· Advanced planning, organizational and problem solving skills
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines.
· The ideal candidate will have experience with mobile contactless payment issuance programs (i.e., payWave or payPass), smart card deployments (i.e., EMV), or with applications using NFC
· Preferred experience in an engineering or pre-sales consultant role with international experience
· Understanding of mobile payments technology, including NFC, secure elements, contactless payments, online/remote payments, and in app payments
· Familiarity with Visa contactless payment products, including the underlying specifications and relationship to EMV and GlobalPlatform standards bodies
· Ability to travel as needed (not expected to exceed >10%)
· A second European language
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.