Strategic Partnerships Lead - Philippines
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Philippines team is comprises of a highly motivated bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners via strong collaboration, we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to drive electronification of payments in the Philippines.
The candidate is responsible for the business leadership of Visa’s clients and partners through relationship management and sales disciplines. With an extensive knowledge of payments combined with a passion for digital innovations, strong communication and influencing skills, the candidate is key in ensuring strong revenue and profitability growth for Visa and our clients.
- Leads prospecting and client management efforts for Visa across non-traditional segments, including:
- Conglomerates - Providing holistic account management and business development across all aspects of their business, which will include merchant, issuing, B2B and other opportunities
- E-Commerce platforms
- Digital Wallets
- Government As A Client
- Responsible for Co-Brand strategy in the Philippines
- Develop, manage, and deepen relationship with the key Partners outlined above.
- Own the Customer Relationship Management process that includes Account plans, Mid-term, and Long-term Account Strategy.
- Grow account revenue through account development initiatives, VAS sales, new capabilities/product sales.
- Establish and support engagement programs with strategic partners to speed up Visa solutions and products adoption.
- Work across organization to bring the best of Visa solutions and capabilities to our clients
- Identify new segments to establish new partnerships, that will drive Visa volumes and speed up adoption of Visa merchant solutions.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver as One Visa, sharing responsibilities and resources.
- Cultivate relationship with government stakeholders in partnership with government engagement teams, creating vision for holistic solution supportive of the Philippines Smart Nation initiatives, etc.
- Work with core clients targeting their government / SOEs portfolio, focused on driving usage, user experience, new product solutions and cross-border transactions.
- Identify new payment flows interacting with issuers, and develop CVPs for government segments differentiated by departments / payment flows
- Execution of strategic priorities to accelerate payment volumes growth and expansion in partnership with government agencies
This is a client-facing role and requires the successful candidate to establish and foster deep relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
Why this is important to Visa
As the electronic payments industry continues to evolve, Visa must have a strong understanding of client needs to be able to respond quickly with the right solutions and capabilities. This person plays a critical role in delivering Visa’s services to clients, ultimately responsible for our client relationships in Makati, Philippines. This person will manage and mentor our in-market team to meet client needs by bringing the best of Visa locally, regionally and globally.
The individual must be able to set a strategic vision and expertly translate strategy to execution, build high quality relationships with all key stakeholders and collaborate to build support of cross-functional teams.
What you will need:
- 12+ years of proven sales and relationship management, with expertise in payments / financial services industry
- Strong track record of client service, strategy development and execution
- Strong management skills and ability to lead a team within a matrixed management organization.
- Proven ability to run, grow and protect the franchise collaboratively across functions and geographies.
- Ability to adapt to market needs and lead change management in an evolving environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and global mind set.
- Ability to lead and coach the team in developing strong pitching proposals/presentation and drive the effective dialog with clients for Wins.
- Strong discipline and ability to lead the sales team and monitor cross-functional collaboration for effective execution.
- Strong track record of people management and team talent growth.
What will also help:
- Digital curiosity; you stay current and up to date with the latest innovation and digital trends
- Consistently search for innovative, more efficient ways to work and make incremental improvements to existing processes or ways of doing business
- Actively promote an environment of inclusion and diversity
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations when making decisions or operating in high pressure, time bound situations
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating