Global Brand and Advertising Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking an experienced and passionate Brand and Advertising Manager with an exceptional ability to understand and communicate the heart and mind behind a brand. The ideal candidate is a team player, problem solver, and idea generator with a firm understanding of how to create a brand that people remember and love. The role will sit in the Cybersource division of Visa, a global payments management platform.
The Brand and Advertising Manager role will support global brand efforts through bringing our story to life, managing our agency relationships and execution, managing brand campaigns, and supporting our paid media to reach our intended audience in digital channels. This person should be willing to smartly challenge the status quo in order to get to a net end goal of building our brand awareness, affinity, and ability to assign increased value through brand preference. Our brand should be bold, relevant, and cut through the noise in today’s world of content and creative inundation. No fuddy-duddies here. Just a lot of fun.
This role will support across all marketing (product marketing, field marketing, partner marketing, strategic communications, marketing operations, and the team it sits on, brand & digital). You will roll up your sleeves and get right to work getting up to speed on our brand, our live campaign, understanding our current paid efforts, and ensuring all agency work is organized, on-time, and delivered to spec. It will not be boring, we promise. You’ll have the ability to be part of something interesting where you will see your direct impact rather than being just another cog in the wheel
This role reports to the Sr. Director, Brand and Digital for Cybersource.
This position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all global brand level execution is world class. Mediocre work should never make it through the gate.
- Supporting effective plan development, creative concepting and execution of all agency supported work. You’ll be best buddies with our agency partners to make sure there is clarity for delivery and delivery is smooth and on-time.
- Manage our paid media efforts with our agency partner to ensure everything hums along and we always have the right creative at the ready, translations, and keep pushing for better results. You have a geeky/analytical side that likes A/B testing and enjoys figuring out what works and why.
- Our focus is digital-first. You'll make sure this is reflected in every element of our brand execution.
- Managing brand campaigns and all the pieces that make it up from start to finish.
- Ensuring the creative brief is the most effective format and tool to inspire creativity and to understand project scope. Drive process so marketing plan is clear and on time.
- Developing process and tools to plan, review and execute the work effectively. Support fruitful collaboration and approvals across the cross-functional team.
- Evaluating and supporting our agency roster to ensure we work with the right partners and have the right coverage.
- Bring our story to life in all key brand moments – we keep people at the heart of our business. Our customers are the heroes and we are the supporting characters.
- Mapping brand activations to intended business outcomes and associated brand and revenue related analytics.
- Managing stakeholders and creating alignment in strategy and direction.
- You will ensure quality, clarity, consistency and alignment to Visa’s business and reputational goals for all brand activities.
- This is a global support role – working with EMEA, AP, LAC and NA markets.
- 7 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 7+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Primary focus of your work has been in brand, content strategy, or digital marketing in a fast moving environment.
- Experience in financial services or payments industry experience a plus, but not required.
- You are a results-oriented professional with proven experience in storytelling. Demonstrated experience leading and executing corporate brand programs.
- Experience previously managing creative projects with a focus on channels and mediums such as digital, social, email, video, etc.
- Paid media experience. Digital channel-focused. Understanding of different ad types (paid search, display, social, etc.) and best practice execution.
- You have a strong track record of creating, managing and launching successful brand campaigns. You can see the big picture and make sure the pieces come together to make it happen.
- You have the ability to build and nurture cross-functional relationships and foster partnerships; high degree of professionalism, courtesy and respect.
- You have experience people managing. You're a believer in trusting your people, allowing them to shine, and coaching to support them be their best.
- You have proven experience managing programs and vendors to deliver efficient output and results.
- You have project management expertise; proven ability to manage budgets, timelines and internal and external resources.
- You have the ability to distill and tailor complex information for key audiences.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects, often on short deadlines and under pressure
- To be successful in this role, you will bring attention to detail and a keen sense of creativity.
- Include analytics in how you make decisions. Know what to look for and how to explain the results and the “so what” to stakeholders.
- A left and right brain marketer who balances quantitative-rigor and gut-led, creative thinking to drive powerful narratives
- Is into the details; doesn’t miss a beat with changing asks and balancing multiple projects
- Has the ability to solve problems using keen instincts and organizational experience
- Self-motivated, self-managed. Gets stuff done – on time, on budget.
- You are a positive individual who is a team player. We like spending time together (currently on virtual calls) and look forward to seeing each other in-person.
- You have a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- A creative thinker with experience working with creative teams.
- Highly organized with a passion for crafting and improving processes.
- A no task too small “doer” with a drive to see gaps and opportunities and make change happen.
- You know how to project manage your way through whatever life throws at you. Structure is your friend. At least, when it comes to work-related needs.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity
- Role can be based in Austin, TX or Lehi, UT
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 30% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.