Director, Government Solutions
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Global Government Engagement (GGE) team works to advance Visa’s public policy and commercial objectives while mitigating legislative and regulatory risk that could adversely affect the business. Additionally, we work with many teams across the company to advance business priorities, including new payments flows that expand the Visa network, promote the growth of electronic payments while building strong relationships with governments across the world.
The Global Government Engagement Team is seeking a Director of Government Solutions, reporting to the Vice President of Strategy and Operations. The Director will play a strategic role across the GGE function managing and coordinating with Visa’s newly established Government Solutions group. The Director will oversee a significant portfolio and have the opportunity to drive individual and cross functional work that helps advance Visa commercial engagements with Governments across markets and around the world, while balancing with the regulatory and policy challenges we face within key markets.
This role requires a strong business writer, influential and succinct communicator, and client-oriented mindset. This role will manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and must demonstrate a flexible mindset and positive attitude. This role requires the ability to work cross-functionally with the business and act as a liaison between the other internal functions across the world including Sales, Legal, Product, and Strategy as well as external partners.
The Director will play a leading role with the regional Government Solutions GE and sales leads and ensure regional alignment. The Director will also be responsible for managing required reporting and compliance needs on behalf of the global function.
- Coordinate with group of regional Government Solutions GE and sales leads, furthering our commercial work with governments around the world
- Maintain a robust and detailed pipeline of work, while tracking against the goals and priorities for the group
- Build and maintain new portals and relevant platforms for the GE Government Solutions work in an effort to share information, collaborate and providing real-time updates
- Develop and coordinate research, presentations, and sales materials
- Manage global reporting including compliance with internal audits, risk, governance, records management, controllership, etc.
- Assist in the development and execution of Government Solutions strategic, multi-year plan and outlook
- Continuously ensure GEs perspectives and concerns are reflected in the ongoing work within the Government Solutions group
- Assist in the planning of internal and external engagements, as needed
- Develop a new framework for compiling and tracking against goals and priorities, bringing together plans across multiple project streams and multiple geographies into one overall perspective
- Develop and generate monthly and quarterly reports, and prepare reports for internal review
- Develop new training tools and playbooks of strategic initiatives and relevant products
- Collaborate with regional counterparts to develop knowledge tools and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience
- Outstanding business writing skills
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. High attention to detail with ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and distill it in crisp, clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences.
· Highly proficient and advanced in PowerPoint and Excel
· Global perspective and awareness of market differences and commonalities
- Strategic mindset that seeks to improve and elevate programs and processes
- Strong process orientation and demonstrated ability to define, document and improve program planning processes as well as other processes
- Highly skilled in the creation of presentations, new reporting mechanisms and other documents
- Ability to work-cross functionally with a broad range of internal and external partners. Manage multiple assignments concurrently, efficiently generating high-quality deliverables
- Excellent collaborator with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Results driven with a focus on quality execution and outcomes
- Passion for an ability to create social impact
- Ability to engage effectively with senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience developing and implementing metrics to deliver desired business outcomes
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- Incumbent must make themselves available to support all regional time zones on an as needed basis
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.