Associate Disputes Analyst
- Lehi, UT, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Analysts are responsible for facilitating the research and resolution of complex dispute claims, balancing the timeframes with a high degree of accuracy. They work dispute cases on behalf of Dispute Analysis & Support (DAS) and global clients.
Associate Analysts work all dispute cases (simple fraud, complex and ecommerce), including more complex or higher dollar cases. They must collaborate and decision cases according to our client matrix and Visa Dispute Rules and Regulations within compliance timeframes. Associate Analysts may work Prepaid, Debit or Regional Network for all dispute reasons.
- Analyze claimant transaction history, available online data, and leveraging knowledge of industry fraud trends to determine if claim is valid or fraudulent
- Review evidence or case presented and leveraging Network (Visa, MasterCard, Regional Network, etc.) dispute resolution management rules to determine the validity of each claim and its potential for recovery
- Assess claimant eligibility for access to affected funds during the dispute recovery process in accordance with US consumer laws if applicable
- Utilize Network dispute process to attempt recovery on behalf of Visa DAS Clients, ensuring that disputes are submitted in accordance with Network Operating Regulations, and that all required evidentiary and technical conditions and requirements are met
- When disputes are challenged by the opposing party via a representment, collaborate with senior staff to review the new evidence to assess its validity and resolve the claim or counter-challenge the presentment through Visa’s pre-arbitration, pre-compliance, arbitration, or compliance process or pass dispute to DAS Client to decision
- Analysts will process all complex dispute types and reason codes
- Work and balance Incoming/Outgoing disputes with Visa DPS settlement and Network financial general ledger (Regional only)
- Communicate via email and phone to Visa DAS Clients and Network associates as necessary
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge on all Claims Management products
- Open tickets and communicate system or settlement issues to leadership or internal partners
- Work off business hours as required
Position will be a remote opportunity until our offices re-open sometime towards the end of this year. Ultimately this position will be performed in an office setting and can be based in the following locations: Austin, TX / Miami, FL / Denver, CO / Lehi, UT
This role will not be able to provide relocation assistance or sponsorship either now or in the future.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor’s degree
- 2 or more years of work experience
- 5 years of experience working in a merchant acquiring, card issuing, or back office banking environment
- 2 years of experience in a dispute resolution management or loss recovery role
- Detailed knowledge of Visa’s International Operating Regulations, industry trends, and industry best practices or Network Operating Regulations
- Detailed knowledge of US Federal Regulations E and Z
- A proven track record for making sound decisions based on available evidence, managing both short and long-term goals, and achieving high quality operational results
- Qualified individuals will possess the initiative and judgment to ensure customer expectations and service levels are exceeded
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.