Director - Operations Performance Metrics
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Operational Performance Metrics team translates business requirements into insightful reports and dashboards for a variety of internal stakeholders. We provide the Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Driven Insights to track progress against goals, projects, process improvements, and compliance.
This role requires someone with strong data analysis and communication skills that can liaise with engineers, product teams, and senior leadership to capture a broad set of data inputs, and report them succinctly to leadership, regulators and various stakeholders throughout Visa. The scope includes a number of high-visibility, time-sensitive reporting responsibilities with a key focus on bringing transparency, critical thinking, and sound rationale to support discussion and decision-making at the executive level.
- Own the delivery of Operational Metrics to internal, bank and federal auditors as well as the remediation of audit findings related to reporting processes
- Manage a team of reporting analysts, providing guidance and mentorship on reporting deliverables
- Accountability ensuring deliverables to business stakeholders are complete, consistent, high quality, on time, and deliver valued outcomes
- Define the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that align to business objectives. Provide oversight into the aggregation of data and the reporting of performance metrics across the entire Operations & Infrastructure (O&I) organization
- Ideate solutions to capture metrics across disparate systems covering the Infrastructure technology stack -- including metrics related to transaction loss and availability, Incident, Program and Change Management, IT Disaster Recovery, Data Center Performance and Program Management, CMDB
- Work in a solutions consulting role by ideating, defining requirements, and translating business requirements to help design systems, applications or process designs within Operations & Infrastructure (O&I) and other business organizations
- Understand business and technical terminology around Continuous Improvement, Key Performance Indicators, Metrics, Dashboards, Trending, and Target Setting
- Work with Client Support teams to benchmark Visa services' OLA performance and perform risk analysis for SLA /OLA misses
- 10 years of work experience in an enterprise technology environment with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Track record of combining datasets to derive meaningful insights regarding technology infrastructure footprint
- Experience analyzing, creating proof of concepts, designing, developing and customizing reporting solutions and guiding engineers on their development
- Strong presentational, written and verbal communication skills--especially visualizing complex data into simplified insights
- Extremely comfortable presenting to executive leadership and adept in story-telling with metrics
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing needs and able to prioritize the implementation & execution on multiple tasks
- Proven track record in driving large-scale projects with ambiguous scope into refined deliverables for executive consumption.
- Visa will not provide relocation assistance in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.