Director, Acquiring, MS&A Regional Client Sales
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Deepening partnerships with merchants and acquirers is a critical component of Visa’s expand access and digital infrastructure strategy. Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) is the global Visa functional team tasked with this responsibility. The Regional Client Sales (RCS) group within the MS&A function plays an important role in growing business with Regional Merchants and Acquirers in Asia Pacific markets. Visa has reinforced its focus on long-term acceptance growth by developing partnerships, enhancing market investments, and having the right talent to execute directly with our regional merchant & acquirer clients.
What a Director, Acquiring does at Visa:
The Director Acquiring in RCS team has the responsibility for managing Visa’s strategic Acquiring and Payment Enablers partners with the primary focus on deepening relationships, developing strategies to successfully manage client adoption, implementation & integration of Visa acquirer solutions. This role will develop, test and lead growth strategies with our existing and new acquiring partners.
The Director of Acquiring is responsible for understanding and effectively communicating Visa value proposition, defining specific strategies and initiatives to contribute to Visa’s goals and strategic priorities. The Director will partner with Global, Regional, and local counterparts to provide best support to our top Acquiring clients.
- Develop, manage, and deepen relationship with the key Acquiring Partners.
- Develop good understanding of their business priorities and drivers to serve as “the voice of client” to Visa.
- Own the Customer Relationship Management process that includes Account plans, Mid-term, and Long-term Account Strategy.
- Grow account revenue through account development initiatives, VAS sales, new capabilities/product sales.
- Execute and renew existing contracts.
- Line of sight on all named Global Acquirers.
- Work with the Head of Acquiring on developing acquirer industry vertical best practice.
- Partner with regional/global teams on strategy development including identifying and prioritizing strategic gaps, evaluating proof of concepts/commercial/partner options, and collaborating on prioritizing criteria and recommendations.
- Establish and support engagement programs with strategic acquiring partners to speed up Visa solutions and products adoption.
- Fully understand and clearly articulate the value and differentiation of Visa’s merchant and acquirer solutions both internally and externally.
- Work across organization to bring the best of Visa solutions and capabilities to our clients (VCA, Products, Services, Solutions, Analytics, CSS).
- Identify and translate business development opportunities into compelling business cases
- Support new Licensing requirements for Regional Players.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver as One Visa, sharing responsibilities and resources.
- Challenge status quo, providing diverse perspectives.
This is a client-facing role and requires the successful candidate to establish and foster deep relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
Why this is important to Visa
This role will be representing Visa as the client’s key point of contact in Asia Pacific. Sharing Visa’s vision and communicating the implications of the changing payments landscape to key stakeholders across the client’s multiple functions and businesses in the region. You will be continuously raising the level and the nature of engagement, bringing the best of Visa to our acquiring partners, and actively demonstrating why Visa is the best partner in the industry.
What you will need:
- 10 - 12 years of experience in either acquiring, payment facilitation, financial services sector, or Technology / FINTECH sector experience.
- Strong knowledge of payment industry products, services and technologies, eCommerce and mobile technology is a plus.
- Experience in driving merchant, acquiring, or payment solutions within the Asia Pacific region preferred.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and business vision, with proven capability to work with senior leaders and teams across geographies and functions.
- Experience in developing and tracking client-centric strategies within a complex multinational, matrixed organizations.
- Proven ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships.
- A proven track record of planning, managing, and closing complex and competitive sales efforts; results driven execution.
- Knowledge of Visa products and services, spanning core products and emerging digital solutions.
- Proven ability to build creditability, influence decision and negotiate within international and local organizations.
- Innovative and agile with ability to adapt to market needs and changing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing & summarizing the financial indicators necessary to measure business performance, business planning. Ability to accurately forecast major sources of cost, revenue, and risks.
- Motivated and self-starter.
- Strong sense of personal accountability.
- Curious, actively seeks for feedback, willing to learn.
- Innovation driven up-to-date with latest payments trends; Champions bold ideas and new ways of doing things; ask challenging and stretching questions
- Solution focused: connect the dots and creatively leverage Visa products and capabilities to meet client needs, best practices, unafraid to make timely decisions in ambiguous, high pressure situations, quick to adapt / recover and reset priorities in changing circumstances
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.