VCA Customer Insights Analyst (18 month contract)
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. In Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, VCA has a team of experienced consultants and data scientists that will support our expansion into Managed Services.
What a VCA Customer Insights Analyst does at Visa:
The VCA Customer Insights Analyst is responsible for producing comprehensive analytics, using appropriate visualisation and presentation techniques to provide intuitive and actionable insights that help to drive Primary Bank customer behaviour. The role will be embedded with one of Visa’s top clients for debit card product issuance.
Specifically the role will:
- Establish and deliver on a suite of monthly Tableau reports that provide top level results and trends (at customer and product level) as well as a deep dive analysis explaining the key drivers and the root causes of the monthly numbers
- Refine and maintain Primary Bank customer segmentation identifying those customers that are 1+ steps away from Primary Bank status and also those that have a high propensity to fall out of Primary Bank status
- Be an active member of Visa’s client’s Primary Bank Working group, assisting in the development of monthly meeting updates and contributing to the development and sizing/business casing of action plans
- Be responsible for the client’s Primary Bank marketing campaign analysis, deep dive, attribution & optimisation. Creation of a centralised report consolidating all Primary Bank outcomes and budget
- Be proactive in identifying insights that provide opportunities for improving Primary Bank outcomes including salary deposit, debit card usage and engagement.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to all Primary Bank modelling and forecasting, including stress testing and scenario analyses; product level forecasting, where these are directly or indirectly correlated with Primary Bank outcomes.
The analyst will participate in customer analysis at all layers - planning, forecasting, behavioural analysis, research integration, customer lifecycle & value management.
Why this is important to Visa
This role will support one of our key issuing clients in Sydney. The role will help to develop our Managed Services capabilities which will become a template for our expansion in Australia and across Asia Pacific. In addition, the successful candidate will participate in identifying and solving client challenges to support their portfolio growth. In turn this will support Visa’s ambition of diversifying our revenue.
Projects you will be a part of:
This role will play a critical role in helping to architect Managed Services, a new business line which is in high demand from our clients. Once established in our initial clients, this role will support the scaling of these services across Australia and New Zealand, and through other markets in AP.
- Degree in Business Information Systems or Analytical disciplines
Honours degree preferred
Post Graduate training in analysis, statistics or accounting preferred
- Advanced SQL or similar query language (recommended Base SAS + Enterprise Guide)
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Access and Visio. Sound knowledge of other MS Office programs.
- Statistical and Mathematical Methods.
Experience working with big data platforms / data preferred
Tableau familiarity and experience preferred
- Min 5 years of business, database systems and data analysis/statistical analysis experience
- Process analysis and quality improvement.
- Advanced visualisation & data presentation skills
Other Skills or Competencies
- High analytic, problem solving, lateral thinking and interpretive skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of public and industry data sources and agencies
- Desire to learn and succeed with a positive and proactive 'can-do' attitude
- Self-motivated with initiative, leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to balance deadlines, priorities and work on concurrent tasks
- Proposing fresh and different approaches to meeting business objectives
- Provide insights and analysis that are well presented and meaningful to the business to engage with stakeholders at all levels of management
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Translating business requirements into analytics/ reports/insights and delivering these intuitively.
- Understanding data warehousing and analytic principles
- Ability to communicate and engage well with stakeholders at all levels in a highly professional manner and be able to present technical solutions in a business context.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer focus on delivery and collaboration.
- Excellent process, documentation and writing skills with a keen understanding of data quality and information management principles.
- Knowledge/experience in development methodologies.
Visa Consulting & Analytics, and the greater Visa organization is a truly global company that consists of employees from a wide variety of cultures, countries, and skill sets. The Visa culture is driven by the Visa Leadership Principles. By being a part of the Visa organization, you will have significant exposure to the diversity of people, cultures, and knowledge which will offer strong personal growth as well as professional growth.