Software Engineer IV (Senior Consultant) - Real Time Payments
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Real Time Experience is a strategic initiative dedicated to transforming how Visa designs, builds and deploys software products and exposes APIs to external developer community. We are a multi-disciplinary team engaged on multiple fronts…
We are building frameworks and tools that enable Visa’s software developers to build new products in a modular, services approach, expose those services to other developers. Additionally, we build tools that enable service discovery and make it easier to connect to other services.
We are building an enterprise scale API management platform with an ambitious objective to consolidate multiple partner and developer facing assets across Visa into a common platform in order to simplify partner connectivity, decrease integration costs, and accelerate the pace of collaboration and innovation across Visa’s payments ecosystem.
We are developing infrastructure and frameworks dedicated to engineering efficiency – simplifying and automating everything from CI/CD to developer analytics and productivity tools. We are leveraging state of the art, third party and open system tools to develop a highly efficient · Additionally, we are engaged in innovation where we build applications of next generation payment experiences using technologies such as IoT, AR/VR, Big Data and Block chain. If you are a passionate, looking for a well-rounded experience in building complex, large scale platform components or rapidly prototype experimental scenarios or dream of creating an ideal developer productivity suite leveraging creativity and automation, you should come work for Visa. As part of the Visa Platform team, you will get to work on any or all of the above.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid CS fundamentals and good grasp of DS and Algorithms
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming language
- Must like and be comfortable with being hands on
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise application development
- Must have a good base in building scalable, reliable and highly performant systems
- Expertise in Java and/or equivalent language stack
- Expertise in Relational/Non Relational database management systems
- Working knowledge of web services standards and related technologies
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
- Be part of and mentor a small team of go getters in an agile model
- Participate and invest significant time in development of new capabilities
- Set up and Champion best practices for design and development
- Assist with architecture for new capabilities in the system
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Provide feedback to influence the team’s roadmap and strategy
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists and program managers with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!