Consultant, HR & Learning Systems (Strategy, Transformation and Innovation)
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World’s Most Innovative Companies, The World’s Most Respected Companies, The World’s Most Ethical Companies, America’s Best Employers and The World’s Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
*This role is an in office role and can be based in the following locations: Austin, TX, Foster City, CA, San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO.
1. Think Big and Dive Deep - Lead small, medium and large-scale implementations including (but not limited to): Key investments in HR & Learning’s multi-year systems roadmap, modernizing our global workforce experience through technology and driving innovation through your innate ability to sense what is meaningful and simple to our workforce:
- Set a vision for and use your influencing skills to lead HR technology strategy teammates towards a well-orchestrated and supported program plan that ensures effective launch and implementation
- Translate program design into an innovative, technologically forward thinking and operational efficient solution that balances things like quality of workforce experience and operational cost of delivering
- Be accountable for the transformational work occurring within the various cross-functional agile teams delivering on work by driving requirements and scope
- Act as a strategic business partner to leadership by transforming strategic goals and priorities into business solutions and then implementing digital solutions coupled with modern and efficient business processes
- Operate at all levels, stay connected to the details, audit frequently, and are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ. No task is beneath you that might live in other HR functions, system development/IT, HR Operations and production support
2. Invent and Simplify - Innovate and Grow the HR & Learning Product Portfolio: You will have an opportunity to evolve the existing product portfolio and launch new ones. You will leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the portfolio of solutions you own can evolve into the future. By leveraging your own knowledge of HR & Learning solutions and your vast network, you are able to articulate progressively evolving roadmaps that ensure an integrated workforce experience. Sometimes innovation means completely new ways of thinking and sometimes it means simply delightful tweaks to existing solutions. You operate on either ends of that spectrum and find joy in doing it.
- Elicit and document requirements, perform impact analysis and create process improvement recommendations for complex technology projects that touch multiple domains in HR & Learning
- Collaborate with IT and vendors to plan, implement, and build the right features / enhancements with a focus on solutions that solve for enterprise, end-to-end HR & Learning processes
- Hunt for big ideas that identify and solve important HR problems and move beyond incremental features and instead propose a complete end-to-end automated solution
3. Earn Trust - Act as strategic business partner to HR leadership: You will skillfully cultivate and grow key internal and external relationships. You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal HR and IT stakeholders – to evangelize the work we do, ensure a common understanding of the experience and scale it effectively across the organization. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these internal and external relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a senior internal stakeholder, to negotiating a contract with an outside provider and everything in-between.
4. Customer Obsession – Start with the customer and work backwards: You will work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust while having a bias for action. Speed matters and many decisions are reversible and do not need extension study. We value calculated risk taking.
- Lead and drive UAT for large technology program delivery
- Propose improvements for internal processes with an eye towards automating the manual (reduce all debt)
- Provide project management support and communications for complex projects as well as anticipate and raise risks and propose mitigation plans
- Use a combination of product instinct, data, and teamwork to ensure we provide well-crafted solution
5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelors Degree and 8 years or more of hands-on experience as a senior business systems leader or lead product manager role delivering or implementing enterprise HR & Learning technology solutions
- 8 or more years of experience eliciting and gathering business requirements, including proven experience with:
- Running requirements workshops with multiple business stakeholders
- Writing user stories
- Creating process flows
- Fit Gap Analysis
- Impact Analysis
- 5 or more years of experience creating and executing on project plans, tracking dates and status and providing project updates to peers and senior leadership (Agile methods preferred)
- Relevant experience in the software development life cycle (plan, analyze, design, implement, maintain) including systems testing which includes corner cases and unusual scenarios
- Expert at documenting current and future state process, challenging the status quo and looking across functions for ways to automate and reduce manual work
- Extraordinary communication and translation skills where clearly articulating technology concepts simplifies the needs required across a different group of stakeholders
- Deep functional experience with HR & Learning domains (you understand what it takes to make HR & Learning functions successful because of your hands-on experience with Workday as an example)
- Expert storyteller with proven experiences building and presenting to senior leadership on complex themes
- 5 years of progressive experience in end-to-end product management in software or web technologies
- Extensive experience in building and/or architecting custom HR & Learning systems with multiple integration requirements, either in a start-up or corporate environment
- Pertinent experience configuring cloud systems including (but not limited to): Workday, SmartRecruiters, Degreed, Cornerstone, or other HR & Learning tools
- Background in management consulting or MBA a plus
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.