Contactless & Tap to Phone Product Manager, Senior Manager
- London, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What we expect of you, day to day:
- Manage contactless card, NFC device, terminal, POS and tap to phone solutions programmes for European markets, including supporting local markets for deployment
- Provide subject matter expertise in EMV and Visa specifications for contactless technologies
- Be responsible for solutions and features roadmap for contactless, tap to phone and other acceptance technologies, including existing solutions and those in pilot, early ideation, and concept stages
- Actively manage pipeline of clients, ecosystem providers and solutions providers across all European markets
- Work closely with Global, Europe hub and market teams, and other Visa companies to help scale projects and expand adoption including understanding and addressing associated impacts and requirements
- Work closely with Global teams responsible for equivalent products/solutions to ensure European programme, annual targets and reporting is aligned on an ongoing basis
- Drive solutions adoption in European markets and look at commercial opportunities to scale/distribute that allows for broadening acceptance in new payment flows, new acceptance locations/verticals, and expanding in existing markets
- Work closely with industry and internal stakeholders across the organisation to understand market needs and improve solutions with enhancements that lead to better competitiveness, as well as pricing impacts and go-to-market requirements
- Provide regular updates and reporting to all levels of Visa management on key metrics and objectives; adapt overall programme tactics and strategies to address challenges/issues/opportunities
- Support key priorities and initiatives from both Global and European leadership as required
- As requirements of this role evolve, adapt to growing needs of the team and broader products organisation
What we’re after…
- Significant experience in product management in payments product roles
- Familiar competency of EMV contact and contactless specifications, including Visa and competing payment schemes
- Aware of PCI SSC and EMVCo standards/technical specifications
- Curious and inquisitive problem solver – thrives in challenging problems
- Rigorous thinker, ability to transpose business and technical understanding to relevant market inputs with sales and product teams within Visa as well as with external client discussions – leading to commercial & revenue opportunities
- Understand how to scale and distribute products/services within a technology company
- Ownership and driving impact are important aspects to the role, must have the mindset to fully understand and quickly overcome commercial, technical, industry and internal challenges to succeed
- Comfortable in iterative and continuous change to maximise opportunities and drive efficiencies
- Strong ability to progress solutions and enhancements with urgency and prioritised focus for commercial and strategic benefits for our customers and Visa
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.