- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
The Data Scientist is a key member of the Data Science Lab in the Europe region. As a Data Science Manager, you will be accountable for leading the blueprint, development and delivery of analytics driven capabilities and solutions for Visa’s internal and external clients. In this role, you will work collaboratively with a multitude of internal functions and their senior leaders in promoting an evidence and insights-driven culture. You will be developing creative and cutting-edge data science solutions, develop best practices to drive business performance with a clear commercial ‘value’ and measurable ‘return’.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Drives automation of data analysis tools to enable scaling of Visa Consulting & Analytics services such as assessment of portfolio health to more clients and/or multiple markets
- Evangelizes the creative use of data science to solve business problems with external clients
- Works with Visa Consulting & Analytics consultants in market to drive data science business development opportunities across key accounts to meet VC&A revenue targets
- Identifies how data science and predictive techniques can be used to enhance client profitability, card and payments portfolio management across acquisition, usage & retention
- Works with VC&A consultants on conducting VisaNet data analysis on key metrics in order to articulate key issuer P&L opportunities to drive revenue growth for our clients and Visa
- Create and deliver powerful business-centric insights from data through better visualization and storyboarding
- Collaborating with the internal and external partners to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Execution proficiency in handling multiple medium to large data science projects along with rest of the stakeholders in the project team
- Defining detailed analytic scope and methodology, and creating analytic plan
- Executing on the analytic plan with appropriate data mining and statistical techniques
- Ensuring project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Enhancing existing solutions and approaches by promoting new methodology and best practices in data science field
- Providing subject matter expertise and quality assurance of complex data science projects
What we’re after…
- Extensive experience in data science and analytical functions
- Graduate/Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- Results oriented with strong analytical, consultative and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Hands-on experience with modern distributed systems, including both Hadoop/SQL and Apache Spark
- Hands-on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as R/Python
- Experience in the application of predictive modelling and machine learning technique to business problems
- Experience planning, organizing, and managing end to end projects with diverse cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate with impact with a senior business audience and experience of having worked in a consulting-like environment and client-facing project roles
- Experience working in payments industry (bank, credit reference agencies, Fintech) or management-consulting firm.
- Hands on experience on processing extremely large data sets. Knowledge of payment network transactional data is a plus
- Deep understanding of Payments and Banking Industry including Consumer Credit, Consumer debit, Prepaid, Small Business, Commercial, Co-Brand and Merchant
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Fluency in one or more additional European languages; Italian, Spanish, German preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.