Sr. Staff SW Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Platform & Reliability Engineering Client Information, Clearing and Settlement (CICAS) Middleware Applications department is part of the Network Processing Platform & Reliability Engineering organization. We are responsible for CICAS Platform development and support as well as strategic infrastructure projects related to the CICAS suite of applications. We are looking for the right person to be part of our development team.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to understand business requirements for
use in designing appropriate solutions
- Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to implement final requirements
- Analyze, document, design, code, unit test and implement solutions for system enhancements, and production fixes
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support
- Cultivate and suggest ideas for the extension of current systems to new products and services
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems
- Provide rotational 24x7 on call support for problem analysis and resolution as scheduled
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets business and technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ Years of software design and development experience in IBM Assembler language, online and batch large scale business and system’s applications; VSAM, BSAM
- Experience with designing and developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available complex systems, preferably in the payment systems or other financial services industry
- 10+ years of experience reading mainframe dumps for problems’ troubleshooting and resolutions with the use of IPCS
- Familiarity with C/C++ and Object Oriented Development (preferably on
mainframe) and TCP/IP is a plus
- Ability to understand large scale systems from the "big picture"
enterprise-level to the low level technical view
- Must be able to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of a project
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management
- Must work well within a team in a fast-paced high performance organization
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.