Sr. Manager, Urban Mobility South Cone
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
South Cone is seeking a leader for Urban Mobility Initiatives. This is a senior strategic role, that will share and position Visa’s Urban Mobility vision and execute for the segment in South Cone region. Strategic and independent thinking will be required to influence Visa’s Culture of Innovation and operate in a multi-disciplinary team. The candidate needs to have previous experience in urban mobility projects in Latin America and must be able to provide expert advice on product features, standards, use cases, technology platforms that can protect Visa’s leadership in the segment and expand participation across markets in an interoperability model.
- Lead Visa’s efforts of Urban Mobility in South Cone including deployment of contactless and app-based acceptance innovative solutions in transit and other mobility sectors.
- Work strategically with market teams to share the Urban Mobility vision, value proposition and benefits with senior government authorities, like Mayors and Secretaries of transport, as well as with public transport operators, technology providers and other stakeholders in the urban mobility ecosystem.
- Provide day-to-day product guidance to markets and actively manage a collaborative group of independent people from other functions such as Merchant Solution, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Business Development in the development and execution of projects, Visa’s positioning in the segment and marketing campaigns.
- Understand the marketplace, standards, authorities, regulators, and competitive environment to influence changes that promote interoperability, designing a set of actions and tactics to secure collaboration and innovation across the ecosystem.
- Engage and lead to overcome barriers of knowledge and understanding with stakeholders where problems are mostly defined and typically moderately complex.
- Communicate regularly with others within the job function aligning with the Urban Mobility Global and Regional team and strategy to assure a holistic approach to the regional opportunities and projects.
- Accelerate implementation of Visa’s unified, interoperable, global contactless acceptance framework: Mass Transit Transaction (MTT) in specific projects; and develop and deploy Visa solutions that help reduce time-to-market.
- Work with the Urban Mobility ecosystem like the Fintech Community, Technology Partners and providers in the development of user experiences that create differentiation for Visa.
- Provide regular updates and reporting to leadership levels of Visa management on key metrics and objectives; quickly adapt to address challenges/issues/opportunities.
- Monitor and evaluate key performance metrics to measure Visa’s participation in the segment
- Strategic thinker with a competency in high-complexity decision-making.
- High degree of independent thinking, cross collaboration, partner management with the ability to operate as a team member in multi-disciplinary tasks and influence Visa’s Culture of Innovation.
- Ability to transpose business and technical understanding to relevant market inputs with sales and product teams as well as with external client discussions.
- Previous experience leading urban mobility projects and knowledge on payment schemes’ transit solutions.
- Curious and inquisitive problem solver – thrives in difficult and big problem spaces.
- Comfortable in iterative and continuous change to maximize opportunities and drive efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information System, Computer Science, Economics, Marketing or Previous experience in the payment industry
- 8 + Years of relevant working experience
- Previous position in Urban Mobility or Transportation fields
- MBA in Economics, City Planning, International Business or Transportation
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills and ability to clearly communicate
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work maximum 30% of the time (depending on Visa covid19 normative)
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law