Senior Treasury Analyst
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Treasury team at Visa has operations located around the globe that support critical functions for the business including the daily settlement of all Visa transactions globally. The Treasury department is also responsible for the management of corporate cash and investments, foreign exchange risk management, capital structure, insurance, and settlement of payment transactions worldwide.
What a Senior Treasury Analyst does at Visa:
This Senior Analyst will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, primarily focused on the support of Visa B2B Connect, our new payment network designed for cross-border business transactions. The primary responsibilities for this role include working closely with Settlement and Client Services teams along with our partner banks to support execution of payment transactions on B2B Connect. Collaborating with cross-functional teams, this Senior Analyst is also responsible for driving operational excellence via:
- Identifying and implementing process improvements,
- Maintaining and strengthening process controls, and
- Generating analysis and reports to facilitate management of B2B Connect.
- Demonstrated capacity to pro-actively liaise with bank partners and other key stakeholders (internal and external) to resolve inquiries referred to Treasury by Client Service team.
- Ability to support the safe execution of fund transfers through the B2B Connect network.
- Understanding of the rationale and processes related to preparing and maintaining tracking logs of issues and/or other daily-related work; aptitude for identifying key action items and collaborating to achieve results.
- Candidate is (or demonstrates capacity to become) subject matter expert with various global payment solutions, including SWIFT, low value clearing networks (e.g., ACH, SEPA), Real-time payments and cross-border payments.
- Demonstrates an appropriate sense of urgency in responding to settlement production questions or incidents, including urgent need to respond to all aspects of outstanding payments.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for evaluating and making recommendations for best practices and improvements to various aspects of the operational processes supporting Treasury.
- Exhibits the ability to collaborate, establish and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams with Visa including: Client Services, Product, Technology and external providers such as our settlement banks.
- Establish credibility with stakeholders and navigate often complex or ambiguous subjects with ease and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand and document processes and system flows.
Why this is important to Visa
This Senior Analyst will be part of Treasury as a Service, a collaborative team that provides solutions and consultative work with Product and functional partners on specific Treasury related enhancements (Settlement, FX rates, etc.) to develop and launch new service offerings. The candidate should enjoy solving challenging problems affecting settlement in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, the candidate must be flexible and adept at delivering operational tasks and support strategic initiatives such as partnering with cross-functional teams to convey technical specifications in the formulation of go-to-market plans.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate should possess a background in correspondent banking and back office operations including specific knowledge of cross-border payments.
- 8 years of work experience with Bachelor’s degree typically in business, economics and accounting and with a minimum of 5 years experience in Finance or Operations role, preferably in the Banking and Payment Industry
- Experience in treasury operations with correspondent banking and back office operations including specific knowledge of cross-border payments required.
- Excellent written and analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio).
What will also help:
- Achievement of Certified Treasury Professional certification is a plus.
- Experience in prioritizing, planning and completing work within tight time constraints; may include work outside of normal business hours to work through a critical production situation.
- Experience with or understanding of supporting bank account management across various regions (e.g., New York, London, Singapore and Hong Kong).
- Good comprehension of key control environment requirements and experience with various audits (e.g., internal, external, SOX, SSAE16).
Projects you will be a part of:
As our payment platforms, particularly B2B Connect, evolve to meet client needs, the successful candidate for this position will have an opportunity for broadening her/his scope of responsibilities and will be a strong advocate for Treasury as we roll-out new features with various Product partners.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.