Product Implementation - Lead Consultant (Korean or Japanese-speaker)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Client Services team provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services, and enabling our client facing teams to deliver and scale new products, services and initiatives into the market.
Within Client Services, the role of the Readiness team is to take ownership of a product team’s vision and deliver with excellence for our clients on behalf of Visa. Readiness acts as the liaison between Product, Technology and Client Services to engage early and provide input during the design and development stages, including building out implementation and support requirements, and partnering cross-functionally to identify and communicate platform and product roadmap impacts to the client facing support teams to enable our clients’ success.
What a Sr. Account Manager does at Visa:
This Sr. Account Manager role will focus on digital products, such as Visa Token Service (VTS), offered through Visa Developer Platform (VDP). The role holder has the unique and exciting opportunity of deploying new capabilities for Token Requesters, Acquirers, Merchants, I-TSPs (Issuer Token Service Providers) & TR-TSP’s (Token Requester – Token Service Provider). This role is a good mix of business, functional and technical knowledge providing the role holder flexibility and learning in the dynamic digital payments ecosystem. This is an individual contributor role reporting into Senior Director, Client Services, AP.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Define implementation plan and executing them for the initial pilot clients
- Define transition plan to migrate support to wider Client Services teams with a focus on operational efficiency
- Develop artifacts, training materials and presentations for the Client Services team
- Execute Visa Developer Platform (VDP) initiatives that may impact clients from a business operations perspective including changes to current products, implementations of new products and the business and digital release cycle
- Become Visa Developer Platform (VDP) subject matter in Client Services including knowledge of the APIs, implementation guides, client integration options, deployment and post-production support
- Use technical expertise blended with business acumen to solve complex problems by analyzing transaction level detail, API field data, and leveraging Visa tools
- Embrace and implement new methodologies on an ongoing basis as the business scales within the organization
Why this is important to Visa
Visa Developer Platform (VDP) is an important element of Visa Inc.’s vision of digitizing new payment flows through additional channels. This role is key to execute Visa’s strategy to penetrate new payment flows and achieve the resulting targeted incremental revenue for the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product/project management or product development in the payments industry
- Functional Project management experience in a client facing role
- Understanding of digital payments and web-based technology including HTML, web- based service APIs, JSON, XML
- Working knowledge of core transaction processing (message routing, authorization, clearing & settlement)
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions where little or no precedence exists. Be able to communicate complex, technical concepts in a focused and well-organized manner
- Willingness to take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment and be flexible with multi-tasking and changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills in negotiating and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Organized self-starter, result oriented, and a passion for scaling new products
- Expert knowledge of standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
What will also help:
- Candidate are required to help support Japan/Korea market hence the ability to speak/write Japanese/Korean is an added advantage
- Subject Matter Expertise in multiple areas such as card payments, products and services, payment technologies, wallet services gained through years of experience supporting clients and new product initiatives within a payment-processing environment
- Experience of working with Acquirers , Merchants & Token Requesters in the Asia Pacific region
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.