Systems Administrator - Storage
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Storage and SAN infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models
- Responsible for complex provisioning, advanced maintenance, data replication, disaster recovery, data migration and documentation for our Open Systems Storage and Backup environments
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Storage & Backup devices, including SAN, NAS and Backup solutions across all tiers, under minimal supervision
- Operate in complex, highly-secure, highly-available, operations-centric datacenter environments and interact with other technology domain experts as required, to build and maintain the Open Systems Storage and Backups solutions in those datacenter environments
- This position requires a candidate with strong hands on technical Administrator professional with business acumen
- Work with other Disciplines to develop Infrastructure Building Blocks based Reference Architectures and standards that can be offered as services to our customers
- This position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates will possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills and have experience working in large enterprise operational environments
- Assist in change management processes
- Improve the efficiency and help standardize current processes - scripted delivery and automation workflows
- Respond to and resolve incident and problem tickets
- Document and thoroughly understand the application architecture, system configuration across platforms and interface with various systems and use this knowledge effectively to resolve issues
- Work closely with customer support team to communicate the root cause of the outage, duration and recommendations or steps to resolve issues
- Participate in Service Improvement Meetings after an application outage
- Respond to general inquiries
- Document the incident in the tracking tool
- Vendor contact for routine, documented incidents as well as operational problems
- Provide assistance as required in analyzing the trends and suggesting long-term and short-term improvements
- Resolve incidents and problems in accordance within defined guidelines and meet operational level agreements
- Implement change requests and meet project deliverables within defined guidelines
- Achieve and understand Service Level commitments for all open systems platform
- Position will require shift based work hours. Including, but not limited to, weekend and after hour shifts
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
Experience working in large, complex, enterprise datacenter environments
Experience with designing, deploying and supporting Open Systems, Enterprise SAN and NAS solutions
Hands-on experience with EMC, HDS and IBM Enterprise and Midrange storage arrays
Hands-on experience with Brocade SAN Switches and Routers or equivalent
Hands-on experience with Isilon and/or NetApp NAS storage arrays
Experience installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining Enterprise Backup solutions comprising disk-based VTLs
Hands-on experience with Symantec NetBackup, Rubric, Cohesity, NEC HydraStor, and/or EMC Data Domain
Experience with UNIX (Linux, AIX, Solaris), VMware or other hypervisors, and Windows operating environments
Experience with storage configuration, volume management and path management software tools (LVM, Native MPIO, EMC PowerPath, HDS HDLM, etc.)
Experience with disaster recovery as it relates to storage systems and data recovery techniques, including disk replication, snapshots and disaster recovery best practices
Ability to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of Storage and Backup infrastructure
Intermediate analysis and troubleshooting skills for the end-to-end storage and backup stack (VMs, hosts, SAN switches, Storage, and Recovery services).
Experience in system monitoring tools and techniques for supporting SAN, NAS and Backups operations, alerting and remediation
Strong expertise of automation technologies including scripting: Python, BASH, PERL, Ansible, PowerShell, PowerCLI
Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong inter-personal skills
Able to multi-task in order to meet goal of low MTTR (mean time to repair)
Strong ability to self-learn new storage technologies
- Storage and ITIL related certifications are preferred
Monitoring, Tuning, Troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
Maintains expertise across multiple infrastructure technologies – Storage, SAN Fabric, and Recovery services
Strong organization and analysis skills
Strong focus on quality and customer service
Must be able to multitask and prioritize work
Strong analytical and practical problem solving skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- The position requires the incumbent to travel for work <5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.