Senior Manager, Visa Consulting & Analytics (Location either Paris OR Brussels)
- Paris, France
Location: Paris or Brussels
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
We create value
These three words sum up what Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) offers issuers, acquirers, retailers and others – and does for Visa Europe. In every case, we set out to increase the client's portfolio performance, boosting profitable growth and reducing costs. This usually entails enhancing operational efficiency and managing risk. We create value in terms of P&L, but also stronger relationships, making Visa a genuine partner of choice. That makes VCA a powerful resource.
Visa Consulting and Analytics Europe provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, and analytics to financial institutions and merchants. With its deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, the team addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances Visa's strategic and tactical performance.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter and highly motivated individual who would like to work in an intellectually & professionally challenging environment.
Core responsibility of the Senior Manager will be to deliver and execute on selective consulting activities in France, Belgium and Luxembourg (FBL) and will be deployed to strategic projects in the cluster and potentially more broadly across Europe.
What we expect of you, day to day:
The Senior Manager will manage a pipeline of engagements from early lead stages through to signature, project kick-off and delivery. These engagements will vary greatly in scope and value and, although the pipeline will be driven mainly by traditional bank card issuers, the Consultant range will also encompass merchants, acquirers and processors; government entities; as well as new entrants and non-traditional players in the virtual and physical payments ecosystem.
- The Visa Consulting Senior Manager will deliver consulting support and projects to VISA's key clients across the FBL region, with increasing focus on Belgium and Luxembourg over time
- Understand our customers’ business objectives, needs, plans with the broader France, Belgium and Luxembourg Account Relationship Management Team and bring valuable insights
- Identify opportunities and potential for improvement to help Visa clients in growing their business
- Develop and propose appropriate strategies and business solutions to the clients and manage the delivery of high quality consultancy engagements in the FBL European Cluster
- Management of internal and external project team members and gain consensus with others and coordinate team of consultants and subject matter experts around goal
- Support FBL Consulting Team and the broader VCA Europe team in achieving the goals for the clusters as well as to support Account Executives in subject expertise areas
- Leverage Visa’s innovation, product and data capabilities to further grow our clients’ business by working together with the sales and product teams as well as the Visa Innovation and Data Sciences team
- Support Visa Consulting and Analytics practice development by developing skills, tools and innovative methodologies on personal and on team level
What we’re after…
- Senior level demonstrated experience in strategy / management consulting; with proven project deliveries and expertise in consulting methodologies
- Excellent analytical skill set with an ability to think strategically, ability to frame customer’s opportunity in financial terms, challenge the status quo, and provide recommendations
- Exposure to retail banking and/or payment card industry and/or merchant retail business is a plus. Knowledge of payments in general, loyalty, co-branding, digital marketing, security and risk management, innovation and/or big data and analytics (preferred but not required)
- Project management skills are a key requirement given that this role involves managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Comprehensive knowledge of data analytics methodologies and tools and the use of data insights for business growth
- Excellent client relationship management skills (on senior executive level and across all levels of an organisation) and ability to develop a credible point of view on a variety of industry topics, acting as a trusted advisor and show thought leadership
- Strong sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision; proactive self-starter seeking initiatives to advance
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to comprehend and convey complex technical information
- Strong Business Acumen and Business Analysis Skills (research and analyse market and client information to tell a story)
- Technology/Digitally-savvy and an understanding of consumer economics/behaviour
- Curiosity & willingness to learn and develop as a professional
- Fluent in English (written & verbal), Flemish is a plus and ability to travel
- MBA or relevant graduate degree (or equivalent) from top-tier institution or similar academic experience (preferred)
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.