Solution Architect, Alternate Payments & Platforms (Senior Manager)
- London, UK
As a world leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers. You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This Solution Architect role is focused on Visa’s digital payment and authentication solutions including Tokenisation, Visa Instalments, Click to Pay, Visa Secure and customer experience APIs available on VisaDeveloper.com.
The successful candidate will influence the adoption and integration decisions made by Visa clients to onboard our broad range of solutions by offering pre-sales advice and technical guidance on how to integrate Visa API and platform based solutions. This is a hands on, consultative Solution Architect / Client Engagement role. The successful candidate will provide expert advice to business leaders and developers who want to use Visa’s services. You'll help inform the client’s business case by showing them how Visa APIs work and what they do. You'll help the client define the architecture of their products, and perform technical support during the client onboarding process.
This is a hands-on opportunity involving business partnerships with the sales teams across the UK and Ireland markets, supporting merchant and enablers and issuing sides of our network business. In addition, you'll be highly collaborative, bring a structured approach to client engagement and documentation, employ moderation and facilitation skills, have a passion for payments, and have an ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide pre and post-sale technical support such as customer reviews of product API capabilities, implementation of platform SDKs and APIs, onboarding technical support and test plans
- Support sales and technical integration process, work with account management and business development team towards converting priority clients to Visa digital product/solution adoption
- Document and track success against client engagement metrics
- Assist clients with developing POCs, prototypes and pilots to help them understand the API-based instalment solution
- Create solutions designs to meet customer’s business and technology needs.
- Walkthrough various use cases and customer journeys with clients helping them to build ideal experience that delight their customers
- In collaboration with the Visa Implementation team, help establish implementation timelines with client
- Partner with other integration teams to ensure seamless client transitions
- Manage multiple complex project integrations
- Substantial work experience as a Solution Architect and a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Payments industry experience is preferred but not necessary
- High degree of competence in RESTful and Soap APIs is a must. Comfortable with technology platforms, various architecture patterns, API and SDK integration, mobile/web application development
- Design thinking product development methodology experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable at all levels of executive engagement.
- Aptitude to collaborate with various cross functional teams to deliver robust, reliable and scalable payment solutions
- Organizational and leadership abilities to influence, negotiate and drive results
- Ability to manage complex projects and processes with multiple stakeholders, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of projects and business problems
- Highly organized with excellent multitasking skills and the ability to manage multiple disparate projects in parallel
- Enjoys an environment of investigation, fact finding and validation.
- Strong customer centric mindset
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- Creative thinker who can solution with our clients, creating new opportunities and the "art of the possible"
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.