- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are seeking a talented POS Product Support Engineer with superb technical experience and customer facing skills. The position will provide technical certification and developmental support to point-of-sale (POS) product providers and payment gateways. The POS Product Support Engineer will be responsible for meeting operational goals, driving issue resolution and exceeding customer expectations. The position will be based at Visa’s offices in Austin, TX.
· Interface with internal Regional/Product/System’s Architect teams and POS technology partners to provide excellent customer relations/support.
· Conduct project scoping, test script customization/distribution for assigned message level validation projects.
· Perform technology partner message level validation for assigned projects to ensure data format accuracy per the relevant specifications and project scope.
· Generate weekly reports for regional, product and executive teams for all assigned projects to provide a high-level overview of project timelines, certification status, risks and identified issues/blockers.
· Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve moderately complex processing, application usage, or business issues.
· Escalate issues to internal Regional, Systems Architect, Product Development, Product Management, and/or Operations teams and manage issue resolution.
· Perform network/system diagnostics and transaction research to analyze and resolve endpoint problems in both the test and production environment.
· Communicate, monitor, and escalate known issues/tickets through resolution.
· Build internal support-related tools documentation and create/edit/distribute customer communications.
· Support EMV Level 3 device phase of validation for all supported card brands utilizing the associated test platforms.
· Handle multiple assignments, appropriately prioritize work, and provide excellent written and verbal communication
· 2+ years of related work experience or a bachelor’s degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in Computer Science, MIS, EE, CE.
· 2+ years experience with the REST API in the payments industry.
· 3+ years of in-depth technical experience such as Tier 3 technical support.
· 3+ years of experience with QA, certification, L3 support including practical experience with at least one accredited EMV test tool/host simulator.
· 2+ years of experience with online payment or point-of-sale transaction technologies.
- Strong teamwork skills and excellent collaboration skills with the ability to collaborate with inter-disciplinary groups.
- Strong written/verbal communication and excellent problems solving skills.
- Results driven, flexible and self-motivated.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.