Technical Project Manager - 9 Month FTC
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Ltd, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Ltd Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its Visa Payments Ltd FX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Ltd and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Technical Project Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This role is a 9 month Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity leave
The Technology Team is at the heart of the successful execution of the Visa Payments Limited corporate strategy, responsible for developing the technology solutions for a market leading product portfolio, driving growth and profitable revenues through the success of the global sales teams.
With a keen focus on strong commercial product exposure in the payment’s domain, the team is dedicated to building a professional, proactive and market leading technology solutions adopting modern methods and practices. The goal of the team is to create and build a world class technology solution supporting a portfolio of products, adding sustainable value to the business, as part of strategically focused cross-border growth for Visa Payments Limited.
The Technical Project Manager provides key delivery discipline to the overall programme supporting the enhancement of Visa Payments Limited current and future payment processing capability. As a key member of the IT Operations - Infrastructure Team, responsibility for the managed delivery of change using project management best practice forms the basis of the role.
As an experienced Technical Project Manager leading delivery of technical changes in response to business demand, the ability to liaise with all elements of the organisation is a must. A heritage of clear instruction and reporting to manage projects and generate precise actions will be a natural part of the role. The ability to challenge timelines and gain efficiency of delivery with IT Operations - Infrastructure Teams’ resources will be something to measure the degree of success achieved with positive results generated.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Mobilising, manage and own the end-to-end delivery of systems implementation and change projects.
- Produce and maintain accurate plans and provide regular updates on progress to management and stakeholders.
- Ensuring all project deliverables are clearly defined, scoped and estimated.
- Identifying and recruiting programme resources to ensure that the appropriate capacity and capability is in place at all times to ensure smooth delivery.
- Establishing appropriate governance arrangements for the project.
- Effective and proactive management of project risks and issues, ensuring that risk mitigation strategies are identified and put in place.
- Project closure activities (e.g. responsibility for ensuring the post implementation lessons learned review is undertaken)
- Deliver the projects to the required quality and success criteria as defined in the project definition or Project Initiation Document (PID).
- Management of 3rd parties, acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier, manage underperformance and escalate where necessary.
- Manage all aspects of RAID (risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions) including the development of contingency plan.
- Proactively manage, through appropriate project management frameworks key customer and stakeholder relationships relevant to the project.
- Ensure that IT/business and security strategy, policy and standards are adhered to, thus achieving commonality and ease of maintenance
- Application of relevant project change control mechanisms, including the transition process into operations
- A strong background in Agile delivery and management of delivery backlogs to drive priorities and tasks for the overall project team.
What we expect of you, day to day.
The areas flagged below are the essential needs associated with the role but do not reflect an exhaustive listing of the required skills and experience to fulfil it. Any additional elements that will further enhance the ability to execute the role are most beneficial.
- A degree in software engineering, another engineering discipline or a scientific discipline is required or equivalent professional experience
- Recognised Project Management certification, e.g. PRINCE II, CAPM, PMP etc. or equivalent
- Agile delivery using Scrum methodology.
- Strong understanding and background in Information Technology Infrastructure including server virtualisation, secure network
- Payments, Financial Services and Banking industry experience.
- A keen administrative approach to keep all project artefacts updates, available and maintained for wider project and organisation consumption, for example using SharePoint and disciplined structure.
- A good grasp of core programming concepts as used in the payment processing domain of Financial Services.
- Ensuring close attention to detail is maintained across the team in all areas of work: design, documentation, coding, testing, and following agreed processes.
- Represent Visa Payments Limited and the IT Operations - Infrastructure team positively both internally across the organisation and externally at various industry forums as well as third party suppliers.
- Expertise in all aspects of project management including project planning, estimating, budgetary control and RAID management (Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies),
- Project management of multiple projects either within a programme or as independent projects
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.