Head of Finance - Central Europe
- Frankfurt, Germany
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
The Finance Team for the Central Europe cluster (CE) provides financial analysis and support to the Visa business in the region. We are the liaison point for all finance activities and insights relating to Visa’s business in all CE markets.
The Head of Finance in Central Europe will be an integral part of the CE Leadership Team within the Frankfurt Regional Office. Acting as a Head of Finance for the Region, this is a role that will lead a team that helps shape the direction of the business and provides independent advice to key strategic, commercial and investment decisions.
This role requires exceptional strategic thinking and commercial acumen with the desire and ability to challenge the status quo and help us improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and performance of the Finance function in the Region. Integral to the position is the ability to build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with the Head of the CE cluster business, the CE Executive Team and the relevant Global Finance teams.
Ø Finance Steer and Business Partnering
- Lead team accountable for analysing results, projections of the business and driving functional revenue, and ensuring that the financial position and business performance is correctly understood, interpreted and communicated
- Provide strong financial thought leadership as it relates to growth strategies, current performance, and business case analysis
- Provide effective Decision Support on key investment proposals and opportunities for strategic initiatives by leading complex analysis and business case modelling
- Represent Visa in the Region in any discussions relating to Taxation / Regulation, liaising with the Central Hub Office Finance Team in London to ensure compliance with any local market requirements.
- Lead on all Finance Control, Governance and Audit activities in the region, in conjunction with SME Regional and Global teams.
- Lead on Client Incentive deal strategy and analysis to support negotiations and organic growth
Ø Analysis & Insights
- Support delivery of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and provide support to ad-hoc strategic financial planning exercises, including ‘What-If’ scenario analysis and responses to multi-year revenue and expense challenges
- Deepen analysis through use of financial and non-financial datasets (such as in relation to product, portfolio or client) to identify trends and provide insights
- Use data insights and commercial acumen to influence and provide decision support to functional leaders
Ø Strategic Partnership
- Highly motivated finance leader who easily builds effective relationships with senior executives and other key stakeholders
- Collaborate with business leaders to gain a deep understanding of the strategies, priorities and issues of the business functions, and quantify the financial impacts of operational risks and opportunities
- Represent Finance at key division meetings with leadership teams, and represent the divisions in any discussions relating to finance to ensure all finance policies and initiatives are communicated, understood and implemented consistently
Ø Leadership skills:
The candidate must have advanced people management skills and be a proven authentic leader who is able to:
- Develop a strong, transparent relationship with the CE business leadership team and other members of the team to drive the financial strategy forward
- Demonstrate interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to successfully promote collaboration across different teams and interface with people at all levels of the organization
- An intellectually curious but humble leader with a high degree of compassion, able to engage, enable and inspire others
- An authentic leader who intuitively engenders an inclusive environment, enabling the business to reach its ambitious goals
- Possesses high personal standards of ethics and integrity towards employees, stakeholders and customers
- Diversity of thought and experience. Continually seeks new perspectives and feedback, takes an inclusive approach
- Eager to seek a challenge and expand frontiers; brings a visionary approach. Sets and meets a high bar of goals and principles
- Servant leadership mentality, deeply committed to serving and listening to others. Natural ability to build strong relationships and enable collaboration through empathy and authenticity
- Committed to building a community through Visa’s Leadership Principles
· Significant and proven Business Partnering experience. Ability to build and cultivate effective relationships with senior executives and stakeholders within the business and the Finance function at a regional and global level
· Exceptional commercial focus with a proven record of analysing business performance, identifying trends and issues, and challenges the norm
· Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, and the ability to interpret trends, identify issues and recommend actions
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with business leaders in regional functions
· Proven experience leading teams: Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible.
· Proactive in their approach to all activities with real passion and high levels of energy. Agile and comfortable adapting to different and dynamic environments
· Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguous and change-led environments; self-confident with an authentic style that gravitates to championing change
· MBA or Post graduate degree from top tier academic institution is desirable
- Fluent in English and German.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.