Commercial Risk Partner
- İstanbul, Turkey
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role can also be based in Greece, Cyprus, Malta or Romania
- As Commercial Risk Partner, you will be central to delivering on Risk Europe's strategy by:
- Building strong relationships to cross silos
- Working collaboratively with the Businesses and other functions to deliver key Business projects and initiatives
- Working collaboratively with other departments in Risk Europe and Global Risk to:
- Using management information, metrics and analysis to inform business decision-making and to measure progress against goals and desirable outcomes Identifying key risk topics for escalation to the RELT
- Supporting, training and sharing expertise with other colleagues in VEL and globally Contributing to a best in class Function/ Department recognised across VEL and globally
- By word and deed, being part of the Risk Europe culture
What we expect of you, day to day:
- -Develop and execute a comprehensive risk plans that is consistent with local market landscape, country priorities and global risk strategy.
- Work with cluster's cross functional leadership team to understand the broader commercial challenges and strategy for growth.
- As a Commercial Risk Partner, you will be recognized as a valued contributor to supporting sustainable growth Serve as a trusted & strategic advisor to the Cluster Leadership team on all risk issues.
- Develop partnerships with the Business, as First Line of Defense to identify, mitigate, monitor and report on risks impacting their business. Embed the 3 lines of defense and accountability within cluster
- Lead Cluster Leadership Risk Sessions, including KRI data dashboard and engaging topics to progress strengthening the execution of VEL's risk management programs
- Provide insight/monitoring improvements on the control environments
- Provide streamlined and actionable data to aid enhanced execution of risk strategies
- Execute both internal and external risk management programs
- Identify new, creative "win-win" methods to reduce and mitigate payment system risk, fraud and cardholder data security risks.
- In collaboration with the First Line of Defense (Cluster business teams) and Enterprise Risk team, drive the Cluster Risk Register's being maintained dynamically to improve forward looking execution of risk mitigation strategies
- Prepare reports, briefings and other written products to update executive management on risk activities, issues and opportunities.
- Convey risk-related trends and developments to local country manager and leadership team through regular reporting
- Synthesize marketplace feedback regarding the effectiveness of Visa's risk management strategy and programs; benchmark Visa's performance relative to other payment networks and participants.
- Ensure documentation is engaging and provides clarity on recommendations to the country manager and team
- Manage relationships with issuers, acquirers, merchants, payment processors, service providers, regulators and law enforcement:
- Resolve fraud, dispute, brand protection & data breach events
- Ensure effective remediation of compliance program breaches
- Support engagement with regulators relating to risk issues promoting Visa's risk management goals and approach
- Assist C&CP team with 3rd party and High Brand Risk applications
- Provide stakeholder training
- Respond to adhoc queries & analytics requirements
- Lead client forums
- Identify opportunities to enhance the payment ecosystem and advance risk management best practice.
- Lead the responsible innovation initiative by assisting Visa and its clients mitigate risks and embrace new technology improvements.
- Leverage local insights to contribute to Risk thought leadership
- Guide clients through payment innovation complexity
- Collaborate with Cluster Product lead and Commercial Risk Partner for Product to support innovative solutioning to solve for Risk challenges
- Proven ability to build credible-long term effective working relationships, both internally and externally with strong Commercial understanding of business strategy, clients and their evolving requirements
- Data analytical skills
- Track record in synthesizing complex information to produce impactful management information and analysis, and support informed executive decision making
- Experienced in preparing/reviewing/delivering executive level communications, both written and oral
- Experience of risk management practices in financial services is beneficial
- Knowledge of the UK and wider European payments and / or financial services industry and the major trends affecting key stakeholders, including the regulatory, political and market environment, payment products and services, economic and competitive landscape, technology and the rising threat of data breaches
- Extensive experience working within a Risk and/or commercially focused role