Principal Product Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Global Loyalty team is at the cutting edge of delivering solutions that drive relevancy and customer engagement. Whether for an issuer, merchant, or fintech, the team is not only looking to create innovative solutions that resonate with clients but also for the end consumer. We are looking for a product manager who can deliver products in the ever-evolving field of engagement and payments.
You will be responsible for owning the delivery of the new Loyalty and Marketing platform – including the product vision and roadmap. This next generation platform combines the power of Visa data with acquisition, engagement, and retention solutions.
This includes merging legacy functionality into modern technology stack and creating a holistic user experience for a client and/or an internal Visa user. You should have material experience in creating seamless UIs through design frameworks.
You should possess a mix of technical strengths, product strategy frameworks, process logic, and a drive to ideate. We are looking for a pro-active product leader who can deliver on a product vision by questioning the status quo.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way and strong documentation skills, including PowerPoint
- Ability to influence, negotiate and drive results with cross-functional teams, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks to the project are called out early
- Experience using Agile principles to guide a cross-functional development team formed by Product, Engineering, Advanced Research, UX, Client Services and Market Dev teams by defining product goals and the prioritization of key Epics, Features and User Stories
- Experience creating a User Interface and/or User Experience that is scalable and based on design thinking principles
- Work closely with technology (engineers, project managers) and product/business teams to write product requirements.
- Work closely with legal, privacy, risk, and compliance to ensure products adhere to various protocols and standards.
- Establish pricing frameworks for product lines.
- Contribute to robust business cases through complex analysis including sizing of addressable markets and establishing cost drivers.
- Ideate product strategy and maintain knowledge on industry trends
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well as maintain flexibility to communicate with other regions (e.g. time zones)
This position requires travel, in future, for work <25% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.