Director, Crypto Solutions
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Are you passionate about payments and cryptocurrency and driven by opportunities to scale new products and businesses? As Director of Visa Crypto Solutions you will be part of a team responsible for creating and growing new revenue streams for Visa through emerging crypto products, innovative partnerships, and tailored programs. Your responsibilities will include:
Building new revenue streams for Visa while delivering tailored crypto solutions for a wide variety of Visa’s partners including banks, Fintechs, merchants, crypto wallets and exchanges, and infrastructure providers.
Scaling emerging crypto product lines from initial proof of concept through go-to-market execution that spans pricing, strategy, deal structuring, and client support.
Identifying new crypto infrastructure partnerships
Serving as a subject matter expert internally and externally, leading training for internal teams and articulating Visa’s position on crypto to our clients and partners
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who has a history of leading and scaling businesses. The Director of Crypto Solutions will drive global crypto business development activities and infrastructure partnerships with the ultimate goal of continuing to grow our leadership position in the market.
- Engage with digital currency wallets, exchanges, fintechs, and banks
- Drive revenue through existing Visa partnerships and products
- Identify new crypto partnership and product revenue opportunities
- Identify investment and M&A opportunities
- Serve as Visa’s internal and external facing expert on cryptocurrencies, permissioned, and permissionless blockchains
- Negotiate and execute comprehensive agreements with crypto companies and infrastructure partners
- Translate emerging trends in crypto into opportunities for Visa and our clients
- Influence and provide market feedback and knowledge sharing to cross-functional teams and executive leadership
10+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8+ years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- MBA from a top tier program
- Experience in operating and business development roles across companies in fintech, payments, and financial services
- Demonstrated history in building and managing businesses including expertise in setting go-to-market strategies and execution, pricing, managing budgets, generating and scaling revenue, and supporting clients
- Track record and expertise in structuring complex partnerships and legal agreements
- Ability to successfully build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
- Possess significant functional knowledge of the cryptocurrency ecosystem and players involved, including in-depth knowledge around permissionless blockchain technology as well as a deep understanding of existing retail payment solutions
- Experience working with Fintechs and crypto wallets and exchanges, including specific experience partnering with crypto infrastructure providers
- Problem-solving skills and creativity to identify new opportunities/anticipate how crypto can impact payments ecosystem
- Knowledge in explaining complex concepts and technologies to a broad audience of external and internal partners
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.