Sr. Manager - Data Science (Visa Consulting and Analytics )
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. Data Science team is the engine of analytics at Visa and this is a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, and business analysts from a variety of countries – serving the Asia Pacific, Central Europe, Middle East and Africa geographies.
If you like to use a fact-based, data-driven solutions to solve for business problems that deliver value and enable Malaysia clients to win more business, you should apply.
What a Sr. Data Scientist does at Visa
The Sr. Manager is a key member of the Visa Analytics and Consulting (VCA) team. As a Sr. Manager for Malaysia, you will be accountable for driving the design, development and implementation of analytics driven strategies and solutions for key Visa clients based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In this role, you will partner with VCA, Business, and Technology teams across the organization to implement solutions to drive business performance.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Identify appropriate data solutions to solve client needs; able to evaluate and validate the efficacy of the proposed solutions.
- Help Visa Data Science stays at the forefront of technical advancement in data science and introducing cutting edge tools and techniques for generating business insights.
- Create and automate repeatable analyses or build streamlined solutions for internal and external Visa clients.
- Contributes to VCA intellectual property through innovation.
- Drive development strategy together with Data Science function head.
- Manage projects from conception to completion with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Identify client needs and applies relevant assets, tools and models.
- Own relationship with internal and external clients.
Why this is important to Visa
As a payment consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialize experts that can provide best-in-class payment expertise to the client. We want to bring this expertise closer to our clients by placing the Sr. Manager in-market in Malaysia. We are a global organization leveraging global expertise and best practice with local knowledge and understanding of our client partners. This enables us to deepen our partnership with our clients and bring value to their business.
What you will need
We are looking to hire candidates that have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven and client-centric. As a candidate you should have:
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, clustering, decision tree, Gradient Boosting, Random forests, Support Vector Machine, Deep learning, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, commonly used Data Science tools and its associated technologies, e.g. Apache Spark, R, GraphX, Python, Jupyter Notebook and PySpark.
- Understanding of algorithms and ability to optimize various program complexities using suitable data structures.
- Experience in leading the full cycle of product implementation, from hypothesis generation to UAT and production implementation is a plus.
Project and stakeholder management
- Strong internal team and external client stakeholder management; able to work collaboratively and effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Experienced in planning, organizing, and managing multiple large projects with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Ability to execute multiple projects and tasks with competing priorities while meeting required deadlines.
- Experienced in applying analytics and creating innovative solutions to solve business problems.
Communications skills and mindset
- Strong communicator and capable of effective pitches to senior stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communication skills.
- Ability to articulate complex analytical concepts to a business audience.
- Meticulous with work and attention to details.
- Team player, responsible, delivery-oriented mindset.
What will also help
- Degree (Masters or Ph.D. would be an advantage) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of analytical expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems.
- Understanding of Payments and Banking Industry including Consumer Credit, Consumer Debit, Small Business, Commercial, Co-Brand and Merchant.
- Good business acumen to orient data analysis to business needs of the client.
Projects you will be a part of:
- As part of the team, you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients.
- As an example, you might be working with an issuer client to assess opportunities across cardholder lifecycle, conduct gap assessment and determine strategy or provide best practice recommendation to the bank.
- You will provide analytics services to our clients in the face of changing regulation and market landscape impacting business revenue streams.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.