Sr. Systems Engineer
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing various technologies and tools to optimize Visa’s Developer Tools/Services. Key responsibilities include:
- Build tools to enhance the developer experience in Visa
- Automate routine administrative activities
- Provide administrative and user support for Enterprise Cloubees Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub Enterprise, SonarQube, Atlassian Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence
- Provide support for internal development teams to design and implement automated build scripts
- Setup, deploy and maintain scalable, highly available systems
- Automate and build up scalable systems/environment using latest technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Actively monitor alerts and respond to them in a timely manner ensuring high availability of the service.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
Required Skills/Experience :
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the capacity of a DevOps role, build/release engineer, or any other software development related job
- Basic knowledge/experience with DevOps/CICD tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Basic knowledge of DevOps/SCM best practices and procedures
- Hands-on experience with server setup/maintenance on Linux platform, including but not limited to installing software/patches, security hardening, storage/network troubleshooting etc
- Experience in using Python/Shell Scripting/Groovy
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
Highly Preferable skills include:
- Basic knowledge and experience with Jira
- Basic knowledge of SAFe Agile Framework
- Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes
- Experience with Atlassian products, e.g. Bitbucket, JIRA etc
- Experience with Golang, Python, Angular
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.