Senior Technical Account Manager - Fraud & Risk
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Technical Account Manager, Fraud & Risk is responsible for multiple functions within the DPS Fraud and Risk Response Team. This individual contributor role is responsible for rapid second level client-facing fraud and risk response services including management and mitigation of fraud and risk events. Second, this position will be responsible for researching and developing analytics to identify and implement fraud mitigation strategies and rules to protect and optimize processor and client performance. Third, serve as a Risk application expert to effectively support and train our clients and internal stakeholders, execute application upgrades and enhancements, and engineer and implement complex rules. Finally, this role is a Client Risk Advisor and will successfully self-lead and present proactive and compelling client consulting engagements that deliver fraud and risk solutions, best practices, and industry insights into the dynamic fraud and risk environment at all levels of an organization. Further, successfully influence and drive adoption of premium and proprietary Visa and Visa DPS risk tools and services. This function collaborates extensively within a highly matrixed organization to deliver and support time pressured and comprehensive fraud strategies and solutions, increased service revenue, and generate stronger client partnerships.
- Core member of the client-facing Fraud and Risk Support Team
- Cross-functional lead for end-to-end management of complex fraud and risk events across various lines of business and client types
- Second level fraud and risk SME providing client-facing reactive and proactive mitigation strategies through Visa risk tools and services
- Detailed understanding of complex and highly configurable processing platforms, applications, and tools to deliver effective client consulting and risk mitigation strategies
- Proactively analyze and assess client trends to identify opportunities for improved performance
- Drive and influence client adoption of best practices and available risk tools to deliver value-added risk services
- Document risk mitigation tactics, tools, and strategy to provide rapid response
- Develop client engagement plans incorporating high value opportunities and strategic relationships
- Develop, monitor, and implement proactive alerts across systems for suspicious behavior
- Deliver proactive Visa security alerts to drive best production adopting and reduce client risk
- Present risk spotlights, client webinars, and customized training sessions for multiple applications to strengthen internal and external partnerships
- Design and implement Flash Fraud Rules in support of internal initiatives and client-facing support requests
- Administer senior management level internal and external communications (event status, executive summaries, etc.), providing regular and consistent updates to appropriate parties
- Effectively engage, collaborate, and support initiatives across a wide range of core Visa teams including Product, IT, Legal, Risk, Security, and Client Services
- Act as an advocate for the client; proactively identify processing risks and overall optimization opportunities and solutions
- Effectively build and manage client relationships
- Stay current with industry and client trends (e.g. risk, regulation, fraud) while maintaining strong knowledge of Visa and Visa DPS products and services
- Ability to comprehend and explain complex client change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations accordingly
- Ability to comprehend and explain complex client business requirements and offer subject matter expertise to guide requirements and solutions to meet business needs
- Lead event management responsibilities for client-facing and cross-functional support teams
This position can be based in the following locations only:
- Austin, TX
- Miami, FL
- Atlanta, GA
- Ashburn, VA
Relocation Assistance will not be provided at this time.
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Requires a minimum of 6 years' experience in a customer support role in financial services, payments, software or information services
- 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+ years of experience with a PhD
- 3 years’ fraud and risk consulting experience (preferred)
- Previous experience with risk products and services, client-facing fraud support and consultation (preferred)
- While this is a customer service role (not IT), experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, application programing interfaces (APIs) gateways, integration or environment issues is a plus
- Strong analytic and data mining skills
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Demonstrated proficiency providing technical and consultative support to internal and external facing customers
- Ability to successfully lead and self-manage sensitive and high exposure related activities and events
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and cross-functional teams at all levels
- Ability to present technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support issues, strategic organizational plans, process improvement, etc. This includes translating complex technical issues into business terms
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, influence others, negotiate, and manage customer expectations
- Customer-oriented with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with clients, staff and management at all levels
- Ability to work creatively with strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and demands
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong understanding and experience of electronic payments, transaction processing networks, issuer processing, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary processing platforms, products, and related support systems
- Proven ability to analyze, document, and enhance complex processes and procedures
- Advanced proficiency with Visa DPS risk tools and applications including VDM, RSM, Falcon, MRT, ICAS, CED, PED, PAS (preferred)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be willing to work off-hours and weekends as necessary in support of critical events and our rotating on-call schedule
- Seeking a team player who can have fun while delivering success against goals
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.