SW Developer, C++
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Maintain and enhance the Visa Payment Authorization System
- Provide support and problem resolution for the Authorization system
- Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
- Work with other team members to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- 3+ years of applications design and development experience required
- Experience in developing electronic payment systems is desirable
- C/C++ and OO design required
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to work well with a team in a high performance organization
- Ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- Familiarity with Linux and golang
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler and the Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) operating system
- Familiarity with VPARS, TPF toolkit and debugger, and testing TPF in a VM environment
- Experience implementing software solutions in a highly complex environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during and beyond core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law