Senior Software Engineer - Billing & Incentives Platforms
- Austin, TX, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of Billing & Incentives Platforms Team designing, developing, and implementing applications that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance business function. Working in an agile development environment, you will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. Using your experience in developing solutions for functionally complex, large volume and high throughput financial systems, you will play parts in multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of revenue applications, REST services API, User Interfaces to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time and batching systems. You will work on technical designing, technical configurations, coding, unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture
and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
To be successful, you should enjoy working on diverse technologies and should be excited to take initiatives to solve complex business problems; and get the job done while taking on new challenges. You should thrive in team-oriented and fast-paced environments where each team-member is vital to the overall success of the projects.
- Develop solutions for mission critical large revenue systems, including transaction processing (mediation), pricing, rating, billing, accounts receivable and revenue reporting functions. Responsibilities include analysis, creation of technical designs, development, unit testing and support activities.
- Build/Code applications using a variety of frontend and backend technologies.
- Design and build applications with high level of scalability, resiliency and monitoring.
- With some direction, build production machine learning pipelines from dataset collection and labeling to training and validations.
- Work closely with business partners, TPMs and Product managers to drive and/or facilitate user story grooming, functional and technical specifications, workflow designs, use cases and process re-engineering.
- Manage complex application dependencies.
- Work with the team to define and refine engineering best practices and Mentor junior team members for their adoption.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
- Conduct POCs to prove out concepts and select best solution approach.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced agile delivery model.
- With active engagement, collaboration, effective communication, quality, integrity and reliable delivery, develop and maintain a trusted and valued relationship with the team, customers and technology partners.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience in application development and implementation (designing, coding and testing) Java based applications with exposure to both front end development frameworks and back end processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or other Engineering discipline.
- Experience in development, deployment and maintenance of RESTful APIs.
- Experience in unit testing frameworks such as Junit, TestNG, Protractor etc.
- Experience in configuring CI/CD pipeline using industry standard tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven etc is needed.
- At least 3 of experience building applications using Spring Boot.
- Hands on experience in Python and building Machine Learning Models is big plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RDBMs and SQL with experience in building complex database queries based on the understanding of the data model is a big plus.
- Prior experience in building or implementing Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) will be a plus.
- Experience in NoSQL such as MongoDB and Cassandra; or in PostgreSQL is a plus.
- Experience with messaging systems including Kafka or Active MQ will be a plus.
- Hands on experience in developing multi-threaded and scalable backend processes.
- Enjoy working fast and smart, and able to grasp complex concepts to build algorithms from scratch.
- Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams and across geographies
- Passionate about learning and applying new technologies; and takes pride in delivering working software.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.