Technical Program Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Digital & Developer Product Development (DDP) develops, delivers, and manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. The Program and Business Management Office (PBMO) is a centralized function within DDP, responsible for program/project initiation, execution, and deployment of quality products in the marketplace. PBMO is also responsible for governance and reporting, training programs, financial management, and maintaining an effective system of internal product delivery controls.
This role will lead projects in the Chip & EMV portfolio and will be accountable for timely and high quality execution and delivery from original concept through final implementation, working with teams that follow Agile practices as well as traditional methodologies.
- Provide end-to-end program management, technical integration, and cross-functional execution of projects/programs
- Identify and manage interdependencies and impacts among projects across programs and/or portfolios; manage issues escalated from related projects
- Track progress on cross-functional programs plans, assess actual performance against plan, make adjustments consistent with plan objectives, and ensure all stakeholders are informed of progress and issues
- Apply technical acumen/domain knowledge to identify, communicate and resolve issues/blockers/risks and resolve undefined and unique problems through extensive information gathering, analysis and investigation
- Perform efficient project re-prioritization and/or re-sequencing to accommodate delivery project workload in accordance with approved funding levels and resource availability
- Ensure that all projects comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project portfolio progress and financial status.
- Manage through influence, sometimes without direct management authority; use capabilities to influence team members and executive leadership, and properly manage divergent expectations
- Work with subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals
- Interact confidently and collaborate with various stakeholders including Management, Product teams, developers, architects, operation and security teams
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years progressively more responsible experience in directly relevant Portfolio, Program and Project Management roles.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good attention to details, ability to think analytically and independently
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira, Version One, etc.
- Certifications (at least one preferred): PMP, CSM, Six Sigma, CPSM, PMI-ACP.
- Experience working with stakeholders from engineering/technical teams and product/business teams.
- Requires little oversight and independently manages/resolves ambiguity
- Demonstrate strong leadership and collaboration skills in a highly matrixed environment with the ability to effectively influence, motivate, manage & coach
- SME Knowledge of project management principles and Agile development methodologies
- Strong understanding of Visa’s Project Management Methodology (PMM)
- Knowledge of EMV/CHIP processes and technology and PCI landscape is a major plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.