Senior Program Manager
- 900 Metro Center Blvd., Foster City, CA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As part of the Buyer and Seller organization, the Specification & Standards team is looking for a Sr. Consultant/Manager to provide support to Level 3 chip acceptance device testing and Tap to Phone solutions.
Visa’s focus for L3 testing is to help ensure that chip terminals that have been configured for deployment by acquirers are correctly integrated into the Visa payment acceptance environment and do not unduly contribute to interoperability problems. This improves acceptance of Visa-branded products. L3 testing applies to a wide range of chip contact and contactless terminals (e.g., POS, mPOS, ATM, Cloud Based Acceptance solutions, Urban Mobility, Tap to Phone, Fleet, etc) and encompasses global and regional requirements.
The Tap to Phone program enables off-the-shelf mobile devices to accept contactless payments without additional hardware.
In this role you are expected to:
· Develop “subject matter expertise” on Visa Chip platform and chip tools for contact and contactless chip.
· Translate complex product business requirements into internal technical language (e.g. Tap to Phone solution, Cloud Based Acceptance solutions, Urban Mobility, etc).
· Work collaboratively with key business partners (e.g., Account Executives, Marketing, Global Product, Pricing, Legal, SMEs, regional chip teams); will be highly reliant on strong influence management skills and the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
· Build and enhance positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. acquirers, processors, vendors, merchants, third-party service providers, etc).
· Develop and maintain documentation for contact and contactless chip related flows and product enhancements to ensure that requirements have the supporting details for solid product development execution.
· Support the Tap to Phone solution team.
· 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
· 9+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
· Relevant experience in payments industry, product management and testing.
· Strong knowledge in writing technical documentation.
· Knowledge of interoperability chip testing, best practices, and methodologies.
· Strong analytical skills and detail oriented, demonstrating understanding of data and product performance.
· Extensive cross-functional team experience with demonstrated results required
· Understanding of EMV and contactless payment processing and payment landscape.
· Must have the ability and willingness to learn
· Knowledge of chip specifications (e.g. VIS, VCPS, EMVCo books, etc) and card personalization is a plus
· Knowledge of chip test tools is a plus.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.