Staff Systems Engineer - Atlassian Tools ( Jira)
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Staff Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing various technologies and tools to optimize Visa’s Developer Tools/Services, specifically, the Atlassian Tool stack and support Visa with Agile Transformation. Key responsibilities include:
- Implement and support Atlassian Jira Align (Cloud) and Jira Data Center (On-prem), including establishing hierarchies between Jira Align and Jira Data Center
- Create standardized Jira templates
- Provide technical leadership, administrative (Jira filters, dashboard, workflows, field configurations) and user support for the Atlassian Stack
- Design and implement automated systems that validate the health of the Jira Align and Jira Data Center services
- Design and implement Grafana dashboard for key metrics taken from Jira systems
- Discover and capitalize on automation opportunities that provide business value and reduce administrate overhead
- Provide leadership for project activities to ensure product performance standards, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Monitor progress on projects and provides technical direction as needed.
- Support complex technical issues in an interop production environment including on call responsibilities outside of normal business hours
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
The position also includes interfacing with other teams to collaboratively implement and improve Developer services and solutions that adhere to Visa Key Control policies. The Staff Systems Engineer will work in a team environment and mentor junior team members. Successful candidate requires the ability to multi-task and adapt to a continuously changing and complex environment.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
- Hands-on experience with server setup/maintenance for both Linux and Windows platforms, including but not limited to installing software/patches, security hardening, storage/network troubleshooting etc
- 3-5 years’ experience working with Atlassian tools
- 6 years’ experience working in the capacity of a DevOps role, build/release engineer, or any other software development related job
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Jira Align and Jira Data Center
- Experience in performing Atlassian JIRA/Confluence upgrades, migrations, and plugin installations.
- Demonstrated experience working with API’s
- In-depth working knowledge of SAFe Agile Framework.
- Experience in using Python/Shell Scripting/Powershell/Groovy, or any scripting language
- Experience with Java, golang, .net programming languages
- Experience with source code management tools, e.g. Bitbucket, AzureDevOps and GitHub
- Working knowledge/experience with continuous integration tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Good knowledge of Software Configuration Management best practices and procedures
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana (ELK)
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.