Director, Product Lead - Visa Payments Limited
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Ltd, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Ltd Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its Visa Payments Ltd FX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Ltd and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support Visa as a Director, Product Lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
The role will be responsible for a team of product managers and product owners and developing and executing Visa Payments Limited product offering that aligns to Visa Direct’s Product Strategy. This will include:
- Leading the collation and documentation of business requirements to create brand new Visa Direct Product.
- Aligning with and manage the process for feature intake, prioritization and roadmap planning/execution across all Visa Payments Limited product features and services.
- Communicating the Visa Direct product offering, features set and any associated product roadmaps.
- Assessing and aligning of product features design to ensure that they comply with regulatory, security, privacy and risk policies.
- Supporting the assessment of new and enhanced product features for operational risk and impact on core business flows and processes.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This role will report to the Sr. Director, Head of Product & Network Integration.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the scoping and evaluation of new Visa Direct and VPL product features by creating and improving product KPIs.
- Working with internal and external partners to execute the product roadmap and successfully launch new client (or Network Integrations) and any supporting functional capabilities
- Liaise with Risk, Technology, Client Services, Treasury, Operations and other Internal & External stakeholders to ensure flawless product execution.
- Lead the transformation of product ideas into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects whilst considering the financial implications, marketing needs, and the overall objectives of Visa Payments Limited.
- Represent the Visa Direct Payouts service from a Visa Payments Limited perspective to ensure value proposition and product or Network Partner Service features are communicated effectively to existing and new clients.
- Provide status on product development and delivery and underlying action plans and recommendations to senior leadership on an ongoing basis.
- Lead Product governance processes to validate new Product (or network integration features) comply with regulatory, security, privacy, and risk policies.
- Work within existing practises and processes, challenge where appropriate and contribute to improvements.
- Coach, mentor, and/or manage other product managers
What we’re after…
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with design thinking product development methodology
- Experience in product management with solid and proven experience and understanding of the discipline of Product Management and Product development Lifecycle
- Substantial experience in the payments industry, specifically in cross border payments, SWIFT payments, ACH payments, ISO20022, global instant schemes, SEPA SCT, SEPA Instant etc.
- Ability to lead, influence, negotiate and drive results, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks to the project are called out early
- Detail oriented and highly execution focused.
- Comfortable with full accountability for the quality, performance & user experience of client-facing payment solution
- Excellent skills in drafting presentations, reports, communications, and other deliverables
- Proven structured approach, analytical thinker with excellent communication skills
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.