Technical Account Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Technical Account Managers (TAM) are the technical liaisons for Authorize.Net merchants. As a TAM within the Authorize.Net Merchant Support team, you will be responsible for managing the technical aspects for our merchants and will assist in ensuring that our merchants’ integrations are functioning optimally. TAMs may assist with a merchant’s initial launch of Authorize.Net products and services, are responsible for identifying trends of a technical nature and for fostering the merchant relationship after the initial implementation. Should a merchant encounter any Authorize.Net related concerns, the TAM would address the issue and ensure the incident is resolved in and accurate and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical point of contact for a portfolio of merchants and partners, addressing any technical challenges or payment questions a merchant that may arise.
- Manage merchant escalations until the issues have been resolved.
- Manage new merchant implementations and provide consultative payment guidance.
- Educate merchants on how Authorize.Net products and functionalities may contribute to their business models.
- Monitor accounts to ensure optimal transaction performance.
- Advocate product enhancement requests with our cross-functional teams.
- Lead product trainings and perform merchant business reviews as needed.
- Build deep product knowledge in Authorize.Net products and services.
- Collaborate with Sales to build relationships with technical and business contacts across merchant account portfolio.
- Occasional travel required.
Position can be based in the following US locations:
- Miami, FL
- Austin, TX
- Lehi, UT
- Atlanta, GA
- Ashburn, VA
Will require candidate to relocate without assistance if not commutable to 1 of these locations
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with cross-functional/cross-department teams.
- Experience in project management is required.
- Forward thinking, with strong organization skills and resolution management.
- Must have the ability to skillfully prioritize and manage concurrent merchant projects and issues.
- 5+ years of experience in a Customer Support/Account Management role is preferred.
- Familiarity of technical concepts, APIs, programming languages, or markup languages desired.
- Card-not-present and risk mitigation methodology experiences are strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, specifically Excel
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.