Product Associate – Consumer Solutions
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Consumer Solutions team manages Consumer Credit, Debit, Prepaid, Loyalty and Money Transfer solutions, and develop value propositions aligned to Visa’s and clients’ strategies and business plans, supporting clients’ objectives such as achieving top of wallet acquisition and driving per-account as well as total spend. The team has a clear focus on delivering thought leadership on Consumer Solutions strategy development and execution, customer engagement and loyalty optimization, and digital transformation of the entire Visa experience for those Consumer account holders.
What a Product Associate does at Visa
As a Product Associate operating within the Consumer Solutions team, you will play a key role to;
- Actively be involved in existing key projects and support team members to build business plan, develop financial model and populate internal/external deliverables.
- Participate in internal as well as external discussions over new initiatives, and support team lead to frame new business concept, engage key stakeholders and execute action plans.
- Manage monthly business tracking reports for Consumer products by collecting respective data with appropriate understanding of team’s goals/objectives and business environmental trend.
- Take a role in 3rd party vendor management for including but not limited to premium card benefits by managing day-to-day operation, tracking KPIs and executing contracts.
- Support team members to initiate and manage product research through use of tools and resources of Visa, clients and 3rd parties to make proactive recommendations to clients.
- Understand and assess rule and technical changes to Visa’s solutions, and clearly communicate those to clients and respective internal stakeholders when required.
- Be proactive in building and managing strong relationships with clients and Visa Global and Asia Pacific HUB counterparts.
- Facilitate and direct internal Visa operations in response to specific client requests and ensure delivery of support to clients as and when required.
What you will need:
- A positive attitude and a passion for finding, defining, and explaining solutions to problems
- Strong planning, organising, stakeholder management, and communication skills
- 3 years of experience in
- payment, retail banking or IT industry
- project management or product design
- delivering new and emerging solutions
- Understanding of the domestic payments landscape and key drivers, opportunities and headwinds.
- Strategic thinking, self-motivated and results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Strong ability to break down problems and simplify complex concepts for non-technical audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and comfortable communicating to large audiences
- Fluent in English, and fluent in Japanese preferred
Why this is important to Visa
Despite the long history of “Cash is King”, Japan is now at the critical stage of digitalizing payment. This will transform consumer’s and corporate’s how to pay and be paid, and eventually revamp the business productivity and evolve how the society works together with the digitalization of commerce. Based in Tokyo, this Associate will be an integral member of the Consumer Solutions team to drive cashless in Japan by supporting projects to grow Visa’s consumer solutions in the market.