Manager, Product Design, Innovation & Design
- Beijing, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s global Innovation Centers drive Visa’s innovation agenda, and support Visa’s clients and partners in designing and accelerating new digital solutions that advance the future of commerce. At the Visa Innovation in China, we work with stakeholders across the company and industry, combining design thinking with research and technology, to deliver actionable and customer-centric solutions for Visa’s internal product development, clients and partners.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Product Design who can execute successful product design projects with clients and Visa internal function leads with quality deliverables aligning with Visa business priorities, act as a change agent to spark fresh ideas that elevate the design practice.
This role will suit someone who is highly energetic and proactive, enjoys working with clients, comfortable liaising with senior executives within Visa, has a curiosity to constantly learn and develop, and is a natural collaborator.
What a Product Design Senior Manager does at Visa:
• Plan, perform, and deliver UXUI design as the design lead in innovation projects in partnership with Visa clients. Can also go deep on specific project to deliver results. Manage design projects (scoping, design principle, tools, conducting, synthesizing and reporting) through mobilizing internal and external resources.
• Gather and incorporate requirements and feedback from Visa product owners to build upon their vision, design mobile, desktop and device specific experiences that are delightful and engaging for both B2C and B2B products aligning with business priority. Produce Visa product wireframes, visual designs, style guides and pattern libraries basing on the Group design system guidelines.
• Present design concept and best practices to all types of stakeholders including senior leadership and external partners.
• Act as a change agent, sparking fresh ideas that elevate the design practice and are infused in our culture and our products.
• Proactively seek information and resources within the design communities around the Group, and leverage community strength to contribute and support goals of the organization.
What you will need:
• 8+ years of experience in designing UI & UX for the web and mobile (Apple and Android) with full working knowledge of UX/UI/Service Design methodologies, payment or banking product design experience is preferred.
• At least 3 years in multiple design projects and vendor management.
• Expert understanding and experience running agile and/or waterfall development workflows – building digital experiences in large complex teams.
• Strong familiarity with digital design software and tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Figma etc.
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to communicate concepts and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences;
• Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance, expertly manages time and independently manages competing, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
• Passion about elevating the benefits and impacts of design, and an engaged and active member of the design community.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (Mandarin & English)
• B.S. / B.A degree or relevant design qualifications. Online portfolio and work samples required.
What will also help:
• Experience in design research, user journey and ideation workshop facilitation is a plus
• Experience in building or contributing to design system in the enterprise is a plus
• Knowledge and experience in payments, commerce and/or financial services preferred, but not required
Projects you will be a part of:
• Client Co-creation projects for issuer, merchant, acquirer and fintech partners etc.
• Visa internal product development.
• Client deal pitches, presentations and workshops.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.