Early Talent Technical Support
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Due to COVID-19 travel and entry restrictions, this role is only available to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We will review and adjust this approach as appropriate for future programs.
The Technical Support Engineer role involves significant interaction (phone, email and web ticketing) with our merchants and our internal engineering team. TSE's must quickly identify and resolve second-level technical problems ranging from network issues, connection method errors and payment process problems through advanced troubleshooting techniques. The ideal candidate will be technically seasoned enough to go toe-toe with our advanced enterprise customer base and a total team player who enjoys working with others to solve demanding customer issues.
- Desired candidate will be part of the Visa Operations Command Center - monitoring all critical production applications (Digital Mobile Products, Distributed Systems or Transactions) and resolve or manage the prompt resolution of all incidents.
- Correlate critical alerts on monitoring platform with actual system outages.
- Accurately and promptly assess/solicit the impact of a critical/major system/application outage.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and attempt resolution on anomalies detected on various server operating systems and infrastructure.
- Analyze monitoring results of business critical infrastructure and services and provide recommendations to improve detection and resolution.
- Track and update all incidents in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets ticket quality standards. Follow up on tickets assigned to the team to meet group objectives.
- Review and approve new alert handling procedures and ensure they are written clearly and can be carried out by all analysts
- Polytechnic students available for a July/August role start date with less than 2 years of fulltime work experience (40 hours a week, excluding internships)
- IT and Engineering related major/ field of study
- Must have strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- Ability to multi-task, continually re-prioritize cases and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of Network protocols, infrastructure, and topologies.
- Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.