Global Payroll Project Leader
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We’re hiring a self-motivated Global Payroll Project Leader with experience leading and implementing global payroll projects. The project manager will lead a team of two project managers and hire two additional resources to complete the team. This job is not just any job. Payroll is at the end of almost every employment related initiative. The right candidate needs to be comfortable setting up a project program and framework from scratch and work hand in hand with our partner departments. Without collaboration nobody will succeed. The successful candidate will work directly with vendors to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget and will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of the projects are managed for a successful and timely implementation. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our fast-paced, collaborative culture. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to problems, we encourage you to apply. This is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to build something incredible and support the payroll team in their transformation journey.
Preferred location is Austin but open to working remotely
Role and Responsibilities
- Implement a global project management framework
- Lead a global project management team with team members currently in London and Singapore
- Hire additional resources to complete the team
- Evaluate and change/restructure team responsibilities
- Manage a complex vendor landscape
- Planning and implementation of global payroll projects and provide support for projects initiated by our partner departments
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Develop stakeholder reporting dashboard
- Manage project budget and resource allocation
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Perform quality assurance & payroll testing
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Support team with (re)prioritization
- Experience with M&A project management
5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years or more global payroll project management experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, and change management
- A strong collaborator who things outside the box and challenges status quo
- Delivers high quality projects
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Conflict management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.