Sr. Project Manager, Cybersecurity
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Sr. Project Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier team dedicated to cyber security.
The Cybersecurity team is seeking an experienced senior technical project/program manager to work with a group of cyber security professionals dedicated to engaging with Visa’s acquired entities. You will be part of a global organisation, managing the acquired entity integration projects for Cybersecurity, working closely with the broader M&A team.
If you are passionate about project management, enjoy working in a dynamic and leading-edge technology organisation and want to be on the forefront of Visa’s growth, as a Lead Technical Project/Program Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Assemble and project manage cross organisational high-performance teams, for high complexity projects, creating a collaborative environment and executing with a sense of urgency
- Ensure efficiency with Visa Project Management Methodology, processes and tool expertise
- Navigate Visa’s organisational structure to identify impacts, stakeholders and authorities
- Use influencing abilities to drive evolution and promote operational excellence and evidencing best practices
- Lead boldly and utilise hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
- Anticipate and proactively mitigate risks and issues of integration plans
- Maintain meticulous records of project and program financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules
- Exercise independent judgement with minimal direction from supervisor, and work independently to manage one’s time
- Independently manage and resolve ambiguity
- Ensure accountability within self and others
- Proficient with project-related financial management, including variance analysis, resource forecast to actuals, capitalized vs. non-capitalized hardware and software management
What we’re after…
- Extensive relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or substantial experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or experience with a PhD such as computer science, computer engineering, cyber security, or related field required
- Substantial Project Management experience with such methodologies as (Waterfall and Agile) required
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication (Including MS Office Suite), and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence technical (especially security) and business issues and/or solutions to multiple organisational levels internally and externally as needed
- Significant cyber security domain knowledge and experience in more than one domain, managing cyber security projects
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to achieve challenging goals through others without direct authority
- Significant cross-collaboration ability to work with different functions, geographies and cultures
- Versatility and self-awareness in unanticipated circumstances using structured tools at his/her disposal to respond effectively and resolve unanticipated changes
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate protocol, maintains a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods, with an ability to think strategically and generate solutions proactively and deliver them on deadlines
- PMP, Prince, or similar certification
- Adjusted the Preferred years of experience per your preference.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.