Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client and Administrative Systems provides support for a number of internal applications in the Sales, Service, Contact Center, and Business Intelligence areas. The diversity of applications provides incredible opportunities to learn multiple aspects of the business while gaining experience across a wide variety of technology stacks.
The Sr. Software Engineer in Test will play a pivotal role in the team as an end-to-end test automation specialist. Engaging external teams with different technology stacks and delivery methodologies while synthesizing a test approach that takes these into account will be critical. Additional responsibilities include building test frameworks, gathering and clarifying requirements, facilitating communication with other groups within the organization, and providing input to design discussions.
- Collaborate with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation and tools
- Build strong relationships with external teams with a goal of developing robust end-to-end test coverage
- Learn end-to-end data flows in order to automate testing of the entire application suite
- Design and develop QA automation tools and test frameworks
- Work with the team to increase the test coverage
- Execute testing during all stages of development and release cycle
- Work with QA leads to develop and improve effectiveness of automation
- Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts
- Identify process deficiencies and suggest improvements
- Conduct test plan reviews with stakeholders
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects
- Determine risks to test deliverables and create mitigation plans
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Define test parameters, design tests, interpret test results and analyze test trends
- Assist in managing the test platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology related field
- 2 or more years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience
- Test automation experience required
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
- 3-7 years relevant work experience or advanced degree in a technology related field
- Experience testing web and mobile applications built on Java and/or C#
- Familiarity with CRM platforms such as Microsoft Dynamics strongly preferred
- Experience testing cloud-based applications (hosted on Azure or AWS) strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Selenium, QTP or similar automation tools
- Strong technical competency in building and executing automated tests in Java and/or C# for both UIs and REST based services
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools (ADO, Rally, JIRA, Confluence)
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop and SQL databases
- Familiarity with Genesys IVR and associated test tools such as Cyara
- Experience testing software at the API level using SOA suite, SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client, etc.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo
- Experience with Test Case Management related tools (HP Quality Center/ALM, Zephyr, qTest, Testcollab, etc.)
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.