Director, Small Business Product Lead, Visa Business Solutions
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Small Business Product Lead, Visa Business Solutions is responsible for delivering compelling solutions to solve the cash flow and working capital needs of Small Businesses and that deliver meaningful value for our customers and partners. This role requires a strong sense of ownership, vision, curiosity, critical thinking, creative problem solving, breadth of knowledge and thought leadership.
The talent to lead by example, enable and inspire and collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment while delivering on a strong, aligned US Small Business Market approach is critical to succeeding in this role.
In addition to product strategy and product management experience, this role requires a solid understanding of product development, B2B payments (Issuing and Acceptance), products and platforms used by smaller companies to manage their business needs (e.g. accounting packages; payroll solutions) small business banking (e.g. checking accounts; loan products) and payment needs (e.g. credit, debit, prepaid, digital solutions, etc.).
- Drives Visa Business Solutions North America Small Business B2B strategy and growth
- Defines, develops, launches, owns, maintains, and refines Small Business B2B solutions
- Understands the needs of Small Businesses in the US and Canada through market research, gap analysis, competitive analysis, etc
- Translates market needs into business requirements; user stories; personas; set plays; solution design; market messaging and other deliverables as needed
- Lead, manage, collaborate with other product owners on operational aspects of core products including Operating Regulations and Pricing (credit, debit, prepaid)
- Collaborates with platform owners on prioritization of roadmap items for the North America Market
- Closely aligns with Account Executives to develop and execute client facing product discussions
- Envisions new features, functions or offerings based on Visa (or market) innovation
- Drives growth based on new ways to solve business problems for Small Businesses
- Authors, Identifies and executes on activities for thought leadership deliverables including white papers and case studies.
- Advocates and evangelizes Visa B2B Small Business market needs and solutions internally through large and small meetings at all levels of the organization and externally through live and virtual speaking engagements (as needed)
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Deep understanding of payment systems (card networks, ACH, RTP, digital wallets)
- Proven experience in launching new solutions and solving business problems for Small Businesses
- Proven experience in all aspects of product lifecycle management and the ability to scale from strategic to tactical and business to technical
- Experience with network, issuer, processor or accounting software partners
- Strong analytical skills with experience conducting market research, building pro-forma financial models, developing hypotheses based on unstructured data, validate the hypothesis and provide a recommendation
- Strong customer-facing communication skills and technical aptitude
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an engaging way
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills
- Executive presence; and, comfortable presenting with the C-suite
- Detail oriented and highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts across multiple functional groups
- Ability to quickly learn about the internal Visa solutions, processes, culture, leadership principles and how it all works together
- Ability to influence, negotiate and drive results, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks to the project are called out early
- Embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving
- Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate across complex cross-functional teams including technical and non-technical resources
- Strong results-oriented leader; analytic and fact-based consultative discipline demonstrating a growth mindset
- Adds value to customers by insightful and thoughtful questioning, offering new ideas, and delivering solutions
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.