Senior Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Cloud Platform Team is responsible for building frameworks and systems to automate infrastructure provisioning and application deployment tools that Visa developers will use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make is easy for developers to get their code to customers. We are testing and automating the platform and make it easy to deploy, monitor, scale and debug applications.
Responsibilities -– what you’ll do:
- Proficient in coding, testing.
- Proficiency in writing automation, develop new automation suite, automate test cases
- Proficiency in API automation and run write new test cases, suites
- Proficiency in UI automation and should be able to write new test cases, maintain existing automation.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Perform thorough functional testing for new features
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Build and manage development, test, integration, performance and stage environments
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
5 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 0 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) in Computer Science or related field
Passionate in learning & delivering code with excellent quality.
- Passionate about testing
- Experience with kubernetes, docker
- Hands-on development experience in UI\API automation using Java/Spring, Soap UI, Selenium, Protractor
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Solid foundation in object oriented methodologies & design patterns
- Expertise in developing and consuming REST-based web services
- Good knowledge of SQL and DB concepts (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases
- Experience with Soap UI, Protractor, Selenium
- Working experience with Mongo DB is a plus
- Working experience with node js, Java spring is a plus
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.