- Arlington, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
In this role, you will be responsible for a range of duties from basic data analytics, to implementing and delivering advanced machine learning models, visualization solutions and high impact business projects. You will get chance to leverage your business acumen, programming skills, technical knowledge of big data and machine learning techniques. This function is critical in building market-relevant fraud solutions for our clients and intellectual property for Visa.
The position will be based at Arlington, Virginia
- Develop state of the art machine learning models for feature extraction and classification of transactional data for risk analysis
- Execute model implantation and performance tracking for risk models; generate performance analysis at the aggregate level, as well as issuer level. Interpret and present performance results to non-technical audience.
- Compile complex predictive model packages for production deployment; support model installations, and monitor and calibrate production models
- Propel analytic product development via conducting statistical analyses on various data sources; and add values to products by being innovative and applying the analysis
- Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Support sales and marketing efforts with sound statistical and financial analysis; execute ad-hoc analyses to meet the fast-changing market demands
- Conduct transaction data analyses with Hadoop/Cloud and big data technologies for internal and external product owners, and develop deeper insights into the products using advanced statistical methods
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and meet critical business needs
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Candidates with a PhD in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering preferred
- Preference given to candidates with multiple years working experience in predictive modeling functions
- Strong background in two or more of the following areas: machine learning/AI algorithms, computations/statistical learning theory, scalable systems (e.g. Spark, Hadoop), large scale data analysis, optimization, functional analysis, and deep learning.
- Knowledge of RNNs models such as LSTM and GRU as well as NLP algorithms for embedding and transforms
- Experience with a range advanced techniques and emerging approaches to big data and data science (Python, Spark, TensorFlow, H2O, Dask, etc.), extensive experience with SAS/SQL/Hive for extracting and aggregating data
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix
- Understanding of agnostic software deployment using Docker containers or similar alternatives
- Good oral and written communication skills and attention to details
- Must be a team-player and capable of handling multi-tasks in a dynamic environment
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge or previous experience with fraud modeling is a plus, but not required
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.