Director – Solutions & Enablement, Merchant Sales & Acquiring (Contract – 12 months)
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Merchant Sales and Acquiring team drive growth in the acceptance of Visa payment products via relationships with prominent, selected key merchant clients and acquirers - specifically via business development and sales efforts, aimed at ensuring transaction and payment volume growth and the development of Visa’s brand, reputation and business presence. The team is also responsible for understanding and communicating local market needs in order to effectively and efficiently define market specific strategies to support the Australia team to develop card acceptance capabilities and provide merchant solutions to meet the evolving payments ecosystem.
The solutions & Enablement function is responsible for the local development and implementation of Merchant Sales and Acquiring programs, acceptance products and services. These programs, products or services include Acquirer interchange, acquirer pricing, Tokenization, B2B, new acceptance innovation, SME acceleration programs, policy and waivers management.
What a Director - Solutions & Enablement does at Visa:
The individual will be responsible for development and enablement of key acceptance initiatives that expand acceptance especially in SME segment, and drive adoption of digital payment solutions and preference of Visa. As an integral member of the Merchant Sales & Acquiring team, this individual brings strategic thinking coupled with consultative development and enablement to expand acceptance, grow Visa usage and drive beneficial solutions by partnering with clients.
· Execute Merchant Sales & Acquiring strategy for AUNZSP - drive the strategic agenda to increase Visa Merchant Sales Volume, grow new acceptance locations (especially in SME), market share, data processing revenues and create acquirer, merchant and consumer preference
· Drive positive merchant outcomes –communicate and articulate all aspects of Visa value propositions for merchants, actively promote participation on issues relevant to SMEs, consultatively identify and prioritize merchant and market needs and solutions that drive specific commercial metrics (e.g. business growth, Visa growth) and/or increase merchant satisfaction with Visa products/services.
· Support the expansion of Visa acceptance by matching Visa objectives and solutions to merchant’s business development plans, including expansion into new growth sectors, SME segments, non-card payments, adoption of digital payment’s and new acceptance solutions
· Project Management – develop and enable new products or services into local market e.g. digital products or new acceptance innovation in SME segment. Project manage multiple streams of cross functional activities aimed at focusing on improving Visa’s social impact across areas such as SMEs, our community and the environment.
· Program Management – develop, implement and ongoing management of interchange or pricing programs that help to grow SME acceptance locations.
Why this is important to Visa
This is a Director role in a team of experienced professionals that are developing and enabling high impact acceptance opportunities. These initiatives are key to expand acceptance, drive adoption of digital payment solutions and preference of Visa for SMEs and to support new acquiring pricing and interchange programs in market.
What you will need:
· Deep knowledge of payment products
· Proven abilities in negotiating and influencing customers and stakeholders at all levels.
· Strong relationship management skills, including aligning strategic direction with partners within similar or relevant industry
· Ability to represent technical and business ideas and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic goals.
· Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills.
· Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
· Excellent business planning and project management skills
· Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
· Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Experience using standard MS Office 365 tools (e.g. MS Teams, Sharepoint, OneNote, etc.).
What will also help:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· 8+ years of business experience with related sales and relationship management experience in the payments industry
Projects you will be a part of:
Initiatives would include communicating and articulating all aspects of Visa value propositions for acquirers and merchants, delivery and enablement of new acceptance solutions focused on the SME segment, implementation and management of pricing or interchange programs, adoption of digital payment’s and expansion into identified new growth sectors.