Analyst, Data Science
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally and captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year. Our focus lies on building creative solutions that have an immediate impact on the business of our highly analytical partners. We work in complementary teams comprising members from Data Science and various groups at Visa. To support our rapidly growing group we are looking for Data Scientists who are equally passionate about the opportunity to use Visa’s rich data to tackle meaningful business problems. You will join one of the Data Science teams with a core focus on developing scalable Machine Learning and A.I. based applications for clients across the Asia Pacific region.
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to use our unique data to answer business problems
- Communicate with clients to understand the challenges they face and convince them with data
- Extract and understand data to form an opinion on how to best help our clients and derive relevant insights
- Develop visualizations to make your complex analyses accessible to a broad audience
- Partner with a variety of Visa teams to provide comprehensive solutions
- Find opportunities to craft products out of analyses that are suitable for multiple clients
- 5+ years experience in data-based decision-making or quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, econometrics, computer science or similar others (graduate degree is a plus)
- Experience with applying standard statistical and machine learning techniques: clustering, dimensionality reduction, variable selection, cross validation, random forest, gradient boosting, linear & logistic regression
- Experience with extracting and aggregating data from large data sets using SQL, Hive, Spark or other tools
- Competence in Linux/Unix based tools: Command Line, Shell Script, Job Scheduling
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical programming languages (Python or R)
- Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required
- Previous experience with Deep Learning toolkits (Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch) is a plus, but not required
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.