Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Technology underpins many modern businesses, and as Singapore continues to grow as a global business hub, having a large, well-trained pool of technical talent will be vital to job creation and growth here.
Visa is starting a traineeship program with the aim to help reskill and upskill individuals to address the skills gap Singapore faces, in order to achieve a larger home-grown pool of technology talent.
The role of the program manager is to lead the planning, execution and delivery of the Program within the scope of work agreed. The main responsibilities of the Program Manager includes the following:
- Responsible for planning and overseeing the program to ensure that it is delivered within the agreed time frame and within budget
- Create and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan, track against the budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way
- Identify any risks related to the project and come up with strategies to mitigate them
- Partner with other Workstream leads to manage, escalate and resolve any issues encountered during the program
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various internal and external stakeholders for reporting and escalation purposes
- Keep a complete record of all program documentation to allow for easy and quick extraction for audit purposes. This includes documentation, contracts and agreements from the various Workstreams.
10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
- Certifications (at least one Preferred): PMP, CSM
- Key management skills:
- Strong Communication: Clear and concise verbal and written skills
- Meeting facilitation
- Team leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution
- MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio
- Manage stakeholders in a matrixed geographically disperse environment
- Strong Coordination to interface with other technology and other business teams.
- Ability to collaborate with business and technology subject matter experts in product ideation to help refine requirements/scope and create a viable program/project including accurate and inclusive estimates, integrated plans, and securing funding approvals.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law