Sr. Software Test Engineer - Cybersource - (Java & Automation Testing)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
We are hiring for a Senior Software Engineer in Test for our Merchant and Acquirer Processing group (CyberSource) to bring creative thinking to some of our key strategic products. Working with a team of talented Engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionising the test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability and security are vital.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading and executing the testing strategy at team level
- Being the voice for testing in the design and roll out of our application and services
- Partnering with your technical counterparts across the globe to deliver world-class products
- Embracing Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Championing the importance of quality in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle
- Channeling your creative and innovative mindset to continually evolve and enhance the test strategy and processes
- Taking a "hands-on" role in both the creation and execution of manual and automated test cases
- Functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing of CyberSource's portfolio of products
- Investing appropriately in automation, tools etc. to reduce, improve and simplify the overall testing effort for the product
- Instigating and contributing to quality centric change initiatives within CyberSource at both a local and global level
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be at their best when they are collaborating with a high performing team
- Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on large-scale software projects
- Be highly confident in testing and automating APIs, Web Services, Batching applications and UI
- Be a technologist : happy and confident of writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies. Java and Oracle experience a must.
- Have strong knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Have a Bachelors degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with a minimum of 4 years experience of hands on testing