Strategic Sales Manager
- Frankfurt, Germany
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world of payments?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
We can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Strategic Sales Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This role is part of the Key Account / Regional Sales function and thus responsible for driving sales and development across the business in Germany. By building deep partnerships with our customers (be it issuers, merchants, or other partners) and developing new clients, we jointly achieve business objectives. You want to make a difference: Join us to leverage Visa's fantastic brand, technology, services, and team to deliver best results.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Evaluation of new business opportunities and clients.
- Responsible for day-to-day account management activities for your customers.
- Build new client partnerships.
- Build-up and further develop strong relationships with your customers at all levels
- Work as a consultant for your customers to understand requirements, business impact and the potential for offering new services and solutions to jointly grow the business
- Contribute to the annual business and account plans for your customers to achieve revenue and profitability targets
- Collaborate and engage with colleagues across Visa (Product-Management, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Consultant, etc.) to deliver solutions as one team
- Negotiate, execute, and manage customer contract processes
- Develop excellent knowledge of the payment technology space, and specifically of Visa products and services.
What we're after...
- Previous experience, passion, and curiosity for financial services, and in particular payments
- Good understanding of merchants, issuers, and acquirer relations in payments industry with a strong focus on growth
- Sales / Business Development / Relationship Management experience, with a strong track record of building relationships with clients and expanding existing partnerships
- Commercial understanding and the ability to identify opportunities and proactively propose solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business, as well as external partners.
- Proven influencing, selling and negotiation skills
- Fluent in German and English, both verbal and written.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.