- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and eager to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market-leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Token ID is a Visa company.
What's it all about?
Please note this is a 12 months fixed term contract to start with - we aim to make it permanent later based on candidate performance.
We do not offer relocation for this role but we do offer sponsorship and will cover the cost of that if required.
Developing software products (or parts thereof) according to the quality standards of Token ID, with the purpose to meet or exceed the client’s expectations.
The software developer is led by the Software Development Manager and is part of the Products department. The role has no direct reports.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop well-designed, easily testable, secure, manageable and high performant code
- Participate code-review sessions not only as owner role but also in the reviewer role
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Respect a high test coverage and acts upon it
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Desire to learn and use new technologies, share experience and knowledge
- Have a "can do" attitude and act proactively rather than reactively
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Develop code that complies with java secure coding guidelines
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Coordinate with the Software Development Manager on current programming tasks
- Collaborate with other developers/stakeholders to design and implement features
- Contribute to technical design documentation
- Ability to work independently
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
Thinking about careers differently...
For this role the key skills required are...
- A relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree (Computer Engineering or Applied Computer Science), or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with Java technology and standard frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL basics
- Experience with relational/non-relational databases is plus
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in Payments and financial services is plus
- Experience in developing large complex applications
- Experience with Cryptography/PKI/PKCS and HSM’s(Hardware Security Module) is plus
- Familiarity with secure coding standards e.g. OWASP is plus
- Experience with container orchestration is plus
- Knowledge of cloud technologies is plus
- Skilled in using development tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins including source code control, debugging and profiling
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Work on an innovative product through all phases of software development including design, implementation and deployment
- Good verbal and written skills in the English language
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Token ID is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.